Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Communication

Communication

Hi all ...A Galaxy note 10 ins Tablet ( mine is the 2014 edition ) you can actually write on this Tablet with the included stylus pen ..The pen has a holder on the side of the Tablet .. These were aimed at students so as they could take notes during lectures .. It is a great function if someone is not into typing on a Tablet ( as my friend is not ) .. There is an App already installed called S Note .. Open it and it looks like a post it note .. Then get the stylus pen and write whatever you wish to say .. See photos .. dvd

IMG_20160211_110213.jpg. IMG_20160211_110131.jpg
    Last edited by Dvd; 11th February 2016 at 12:59.

Hi Dvd;

I think that there is a similar function on an I Pad, certainly if you have Predictable on it, I think.

Many of use lose the fine hand control so typing might then be easier, especially on a keyboard.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Hi Dvd;

I think that there is a similar function on an I Pad, certainly if you have Predictable on it, I think.

Many of use lose the fine hand control so typing might then be easier, especially on a keyboard.

Love Terry
    Hi Terry know what you mean when you say about some people having difficulty writing and easier for them to type but just thought for anyone that still has the ability to write and not into typing on tablets or iPads as not everyone is into technology ( as my friend is ) this is very suitable ... Plus it comes pre installed at no extra cost .. Its just like writting on a piece of paper as you write on the screen with the fine nib SPen that is specially designed for the Tablet .. It also has a eraser should you make a mistake or want to erase what you have written .. My friend can use this with no problem and it saves carrying pen and paper around ..DVD
    Last edited by Dvd; 11th February 2016 at 15:14.

Hi DVD,,, I think that sounds like a good transition before using the typing app as dad is still not interested in using the predictable app yet and is preferring to write on a whiteboard for the time being,, I wonder if you get this for the iPad ... Katrina x

Hi Katrina .. I am not sure about an iPad ..The Galaxy Tablet has the SPen feature which allows you to write on the screen . I bought the Galaxy Note 10 inch Tablet beginning of last year as I was doing some work that I needed to take notes on so it was just what I was looking for as i did not want to go carrying pen and paper ( and I have lost my school bag lol ) .. Little did I know when I bought it last year that I would be using now it for a completely different reason but it is a God send now .. It is very difficult when one is not techie so you do have to look out for other different ideas .. I felt if you were out and about or in the house rather than using pen and paper to write on, the Tablet looks quite normal as everywhere you look someone is on their phone, tablets etc. not that I am saying there is anything wrong about writing things down but this tends to blend in more nowadays ..looks as if you are techie lol
    Make an enquiry if it is available on an iPad .. The model I have is the Galaxy Note 10 inch Tablet 2014 edition with the SPen .. I do know the Galaxy Note model before this one I have had also this feature .. Take a look on EBay you sometimes get good deals on them .. DVD

Hi dvd,, il def have a look as I don't think my Minnie Mouse notebook makes dad feel very masculine when going to appointments lol... And he doesn't like using predictable yet as it takes him so long to type stuff out and can write things much quicker... I think your right about the iPad blending in a bit more not drawing attention... Katrina x

I've got an Hello Kitty bulb horn on my shower/toilet chair. 1 hoot for wee-wee and 2 for poo-poo. lol Dude x

Hahahahahahaha!!!! Each to their own lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina36 View Post
    Hi DVD,,, I think that sounds like a good transition before using the typing app as dad is still not interested in using the predictable app yet and is preferring to write on a whiteboard for the time being,, I wonder if you get this for the iPad ... Katrina x
    Yes Katrina;

I've just said that in a PM to Dvd, it might be a good way of introducing Tech to dinosaurs.

You can defiantly get an app for the I Pad that will do the same but it might be on the latest "Predictable" one.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi Terry, il need to have a look on dads iPad with the predictable on it and see if that works, it would be great if it did, it might get him used to handling the iPad aswell and not dislike it so much... Dad is definately a tech phobe (Dinosaur) lol... I really want him to use iPad instead of feeling he can't do it .... Katrina x