Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Communication

Forum Member
    Terry:
    thanks for stepping in. I recorded my voice via ModelTalker 2 years ago. I do not need it quite yet but want to get practicing.
    I understand I need an IPAD and the IPredictable app.
    Can you walk me through how I join these bits up (MT-IPAD-Predictable) and get functional.
    Thanks

Charles

I can't exactly Charles;

Do you have a speech therapist, they are sometimes now educated in this now and may help with equipment and getting the app?

Do you have an I Pad as it can be done on other machines as well?

It is a good idea to get used to this such as this before you need it. "Predictable" is available on android as well as I Pad's, I pads seem to have removed there basic model and now they quite expensive.

I think that "Model talker" can also work on some windows based Tablets as well.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

My assistive technology person came from the hospital, provided me with a new iPad on loan, then the department gifted me the predictable app into my iTunes account, they also provided some training how to use it, maybe that is the way to go Charles? If you have a visiting MND nurse she might be able to put things into action

Charles. My SALT originally loaned me a hospital iPad with the Predictable App but it was password protected with the hospital password so I couldn't use it for Emil or anything else much as I knew I had to hand it back. Eventually I bought an iPad and the NHS provided the App. The app cost £109 then. If you have SALT as her for help in providing you with something. Ann xx

Forum Member
    Grannie Annie:

I am willing to buy a suitable IPad and the Predictable App. I am happy to purchase these. Once I have I will ask my SALT how itt all connects up .

Thanks for the advice.

Charles

Hi Charles,

I have not replied to your recent pm's as I am sunning my cold bones in Egypt and the internet is dodgy. If you search on Lee Millard's post he gives a step by step guide.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Nice one Barry;

It is quite nice and sunny here today but I feel it might be a little colder.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Dear Rameses 11:
    I knew I had the right man. If you could solve the Riddle of the Sphinx I guessed you could solve my Modeltalker riddle. Does Predictable do hieroglyphics? Enjoy the sun and we all await The Return of the Mummy.

Charles

Well Dude. No one could ignore that for sure!!