Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last night's documentary on BBC 2

Forum Member

Last night's documentary on BBC 2

I almost don't know whether I dare ask if anyone watched last night's programme about Simon Binner on Channel 2.

In short Simon was a gentleman with MND who made his mind up to go to Switzerland for an assisted dying service. His family were never completely on board with it and it made for extremely harrowing and emotional viewing.

I'm not sure it's a good idea anyone should seek this out and watch it unless you're some kind of superhuman with no emotions.

I spent over an hour sobbing! It isn't something I would usually watch. For one, my Partner would have probably stopped me normally but he was out last night.

Even today I feel like I'm traumatised by it. I keep seeing the chap's face and I cant seem to get it out of my head. I'm so glad my Mum didnt see it.

I really wish I could un-see it now.

I'm sorry if my post has upset anyone but I'm just struggling to get this out of my head and I wondered if anyone else had watched it and could offer any views. I was suprised no-one had posted about it already I suppose.

Freesia xxx

Hi Freesia I seen half of it. It was good, see other half later, was watching footy and benefits britain thingy. Simon conveyed the frustration perfectly, I hope my wife and kids seen it. My youngest daughter came around with 18 month old Daisy and she's doing a new thing where she gets hold of mum or dads pinky and leads them to whatever she wants. She took hold of my little finger and beckoned me to the toy box. My daughter burst out into tears so maybe she did see it. Dude x
    Last edited by Dude; 11th February 2016 at 17:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Freesia30 View Post
    I almost don't know whether I dare ask if anyone watched last night's programme about Simon Binner on Channel 2.

In short Simon was a gentleman with MND who made his mind up to go to Switzerland for an assisted dying service. His family were never completely on board with it and it made for extremely harrowing and emotional viewing.

I'm not sure it's a good idea anyone should seek this out and watch it unless you're some kind of superhuman with no emotions.

I spent over an hour sobbing! It isn't something I would usually watch. For one, my Partner would have probably stopped me normally but he was out last night.

Even today I feel like I'm traumatised by it. I keep seeing the chap's face and I cant seem to get it out of my head. I'm so glad my Mum didnt see it.

I really wish I could un-see it now.

I'm sorry if my post has upset anyone but I'm just struggling to get this out of my head and I wondered if anyone else had watched it and could offer any views. I was suprised no-one had posted about it already I suppose.

Freesia xxx
    Hi freesia... What was that program called?.... Katrina x

How to die Kat. Simon Binner. Dude x

Was that really what it was called?... Kat x

yep

Not sure if I'd want to see that or not.... Kat x

Forum Member
    I'd suggest you don't watch Kat. It's really got to me :-(

Maybe you will be ok in a few days... I was only interested as I'd heard about that dignitas thing in Switzerland and wondered what it was all about.. Allthough I did hear there was a lot of bad reports about it... Dad had mentioned it to me and had asked me about it... Sad that he would want to know the options with something like that.... Katrina x

I couldn't bring myself to watch it.....
    It's one of those things where I think if you have that route in your mind anyway,watch and see otherwise, why put yourself through it. My daughter just turned to me and said " you wouldn't would you mum? " I said no so we turned the channel over.
    a very hard subject, but may be helpful to some.
    Xx Freesia it's such a shame you found it so hard xx