Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone heard from Joycie?

Forum Member
    Hi Katrina,
    I'm fine thank you, just a bit quiet as feeling very lethargic. I've been reading the forum a lot.
    I'm sure I will be posting again.
    How's dad doing?
    Xx

Hi mags,, it's nice to hear from you ... Hopefully you will get a bit better soon and can come back, at least you can stil read the forum just now,, I had noticed you hadn't been saying as much recently, just wanted to check you were alright.

Unfortunately dad has gone downhill a bit, he gets peg next week, he's just well enough to have it done, they thought they were going to have to pass a nasogastric tube to help him until he got the peg as he is struggling to get liquids etc in, hope it doesn't come to that. His neck weak and his legs have been giving way. Apart from that he's plodding along.

Get better soon mags ... Katrina x

Forum Member
    Thanks Katrina
    Sorry Dads not good.
    I've not been too great myself, things seem to be moving to quick for my liking.
    It seems, I find something everyday that I can't do, but were able to do them a week ago.
    I hope Dads peg procedure goes ok and it helps. Not having to drink so much fluid orally takes that stress away.
    Mags x

Pippa, Joycie's daughter posted this on Facebook last night.:-
    Got to love my mum
    Theres me informing the nearest and dearest on mums situation and how poorly she is and the Hospice nurses are telling me shes been sat perusing on Facebook!!
    Do love you lady, ;0)
    Anyway... No matter your religion or faith can you please say a prayer for my wonderful mum?.

John

Hello everyone. It is with a heavy heart that I have an update on Joycie. Her husband reports she has entered the local hospice and is very poorly and unlikely to come out. She is a brave, humourous lady and is a great contributor to the forum. She is much loved here and I had the good fortune to meet her and Peter at the annual conference where we had lots of fun for fun for Joycie was the name of the game, they are both in our thoughts. I will keep you posted to any news. Grannie Annie x

Well John that is good news, different from what I heard this morning, but good all the same. A prayer from everyone will be just what's needed x

Forum Member
    I'm sorry to hear that Joycie is not well, she is such a lovely lady and was very kind in her comments to me when I first introduced myself last year. I like everyone else here will be thinking of her and offering a prayer for her, her husband and family. Love John xxxx

Joycie as you may know is a good friend of mine and my heart is very heavy today. I was going to see her today at home but now she is in the hospice I decided to leave her family to comfort her. I wait and hope for better news as this lovely lady is a fighter.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

I'm sorry to hear about joycie isn't so great, she's always been very nice to me and very helpful and supportive even with her own difficulties, my thoughts are with her and her family... Katrina xx

John & Anne,

Thanks so much for the updates.

Joycie - you're very much in my thoughts, xxx.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.