Thread: WAV Dealerships

Tooks

WAV Dealerships

High

This is my first time on the site , I was diagnosed in June and am now looking for a WAV.

i am 99% sold on a Ford Tourneo Connect. Has anybody got any thoughts on this vehicle.

Also there seems to be a difference in the deposit depending on which dealer you use .....does anybody know why this is.

Has any body had a vehicle from the Brotherwood dealership.

Simon

Hi Simon and welcome to the forum;

I think a Tourneo might be a good choice as they are a bit bigger and might give a better ride. Brotherwood are a well known firm.

A chap was selling a Tourneo on here but I don't think that he had much chance of using it, see this thread:-

http://forum.mndassociation.org/show...hlight=Tourneo

If you plan to drive it, it might be better to get an automatic. Try to get in a powerchair in the back so you can see how it rides when there's weight in and your in the back.

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hello Simon,

Reading your post suggests you are buying this vehicle. If you are under 65 and receive mobility benefits you might want to consider the motability scheme. Please ask further questions if this is applicable.

Regards
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    I Barry:
    I too am looking to acquire a WAV. I have mobility benefits. I have 2 questions you may know the answers to:
    1. Do payments cease at 65?
    2. If you have a WAV lease and turn 65 do the payments stop and thus the WAV lease.

I am trying to decide to lease from Motability or buy second-hand.

Regards

Charles

Forum Member
    Hello Charles,

I might be able to help a bit here, if you qualify for the enhanced mobility allowance of Personal Independence Payment and it is paid to you before you reach your 65th birthday you will continue to receive it after you turn 65. If you apply after your 65th birthday you will not receive the mobility allowance and you will get the care element only.

As the payments continue after you turn 65 the WAV lease will continue, if you like you can apply to Motability after you are 65 subject the 12month rule below.

If you apply to Motabilty they will want you to have at least 12 months on your entitlement to PIP enhanced mobilty.

PIP assessments run for a fixed term and are then reviewed, I am not sure whether it might be possible to lose entitlement to the mobility element if the review happens when you are older than 65, I don't think so but you never know.

John

Thanks John for answering Charles's question. My own example is that I am 65 next May and my PIP is reviewed in November 2017. Like John says, who knows what the chancellor will decree.

My recommendation Charles is apply for the Motability vehicle because they won't take it from you within the lease period (normally 3 years). If your mobility allowance stops they may ask for a contribution. You get a new vehicle and you can specify extras (reversing camera is marvellous when you can't turn your head). It's taxed, insured and fully maintained. All you do is add fuel.

Barry
    Last edited by Barry52; 9th September 2016 at 09:36.
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    John14 and Barry52:
    Guys thanks for your respective responses. Very helpful.

Regards

Charles

Tooks
    Hi Barry
    No, I'm going through the Mobility scheme. Its just that a Ford Tourneo Titanium converted for wheelchair from some dealers in fact most, initial payment is around £3k- £4.5k, but Brotherwood, same basic vehicle, is just shy of £10k and wondered if anyone knew why there was such a huge difference, I could understand £2-3k variance but £6k, I don't understand. But thank you for your input Barry. Talk soon. Simon

You could ask them why Simon;

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.