Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: My dad

Dude
    Hi Dave of course I'd love a full english or lamb chops but I'm not got the choice lol. Dude

Dude
    Hi Mags Ensure is great and tastes great . It would be ideal to bring 1 a day into your diet but my guess is you'll be won over. Dude

Dave K
    Maybe I explained it incorrectly Dude. I meant I feel guilty that there is not a lot of choice on the market so I cannot vary julie's food with different tastes, to me drinking only Strawberry & Banana for the rest of her life seems cruel to me.

Why aren't there many other flavours as there is with baby food for an example, but with super caloric values added

Dave X

Dude
    Dave It's not your fault and it's not cruel. I chose it for myself. Have you been to Beamish. Julie would like it. Dude

http://www.beamish.org.uk/whats-on/

Dave K
    Too far Dude, 2 hour drive is too long then to have fun then drive back would be way too much for Julie I am afraid.

Dave

Dude
    Fair enough, it is good though, fish & chips in newspaper, pint of mild in old pub. We stopped over and and had a walk around Durham. The cathedral is wonderful. Dude

JAN Q
    Hi Mags,
    Coffee with Baileys haven't thought of that and I used to have one occasionally with a friend, why didn't I think of that , funny but somehow I think trying to find what is right for us to eat and drink some of the nice things just go out of mind. I am going to be really naughty and try glass wine with my lunch today seeing that it is mother's day. Hope I can manage it.
    Xxx Jan Q.

mags55
    Hi Dude,
    Have just tried a fortisip, not sure, tastes ok but it seems too thick on my tongue, I suffer with thick saliva and certain drinks make it even thicker. Normal milkshakes are fine but obviously, don't have the nutrition. Maybe ensures are different. I feel as though I have taken milk and magnesium. X

Jan,
    Good luck with your wine, (I can't drink it), just be careful.
    Enjoy your day.x

Dude
    Hi Mags Never had fortisip so can't compare. Why not get 1 Ensure to try. I get thick saliva after each Ensure. I have hot tea after.. Dude x

Kernowcluck
    Quote Originally Posted by mags55 View Post
    Hi Dude,
    Have just tried a fortisip, not sure, tastes ok but it seems too thick on my tongue, I suffer with thick saliva and certain drinks make it even thicker. Normal milkshakes are fine but obviously, don't have the nutrition. Maybe ensures are different. I feel as though I have taken milk and magnesium. X

Jan,
    Good luck with your wine, (I can't drink it), just be careful.
    Enjoy your day.x
    Hi Mags55, have you thought of the juice based drinks - Ensure plus juice and Fortijuice. They are lower in calories but not so cloying.

Also worth trying are Complan milkshakes ( made with 200ml Full cream milk) = 380 kcals, Complan soup ( made with 200 mL of water ) = 250kcals, Scandishakes ( sachet of powder plus 240 ml milk) = 600kcals (tastes good). Buildup powder can be addes to anything- 40g = 144 kcals.

Fresubin 2kcal sip feed has 2 kcals per ml ideal for those who can't drink larger volumes, but is prescribed under medical and dietetic supervision.

If all else fails - more wine!