Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: My dad

I find eye gaze easy to use but I was used to technology before hand. Some people just don't take to it, unfortunately.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

I think done people need to give technology a chance rather than dismissing it completely. Dad is not very good technology wise and will not give the iPad a chance at all, even though this could help him a lot, but then that's his choice and I wouldn't say anything against that ... Each to their own... Kat x

mags55
    Hi Ellie
    Is eye gaze as fast as typing, or is it slower? I bet it's hard to get used too?
    You do so well, so positive and always there to give good advice.

Katrina
    The picture is lovely, your dad looks so happy. You can't beat grandchildren to cheer you up.
    I love seeing my 4 granddaughters and as you would say, a wee grandson. that's the best medicine I can have, never fails to cheer me up.
    I would post a photo of them but I don't know to send it on here.
    Does your Dad see lots of Conner?
    Mags xx

Mags,

you should be out sipping Sangria!! or have Mel put it through the peg

No, eye gaze isn't as fast as typing, but my hands don't work, that's why I have to use it.

Enjoy the rest of your hols.

xx Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hi mags, I hope your enjoying your holiday, make me jealous and tell me the temperature there? Lol.

I love that picture of the 2 off them together, it was great to see dad smiling and for Connor to be able to do something with him as he doesn't understand him speaking now, and children are very different to adults and Connors not interested in taking the time to read what dad is writing as it takes "forever" but that's just kids, then again Connor may have developmental issues that are being looked into. So not all kids might be like that.

Dad does aee Connor a lot as with Connor having his issues and not being at school as much, then dad sees him on a regular basis, at least every day or every 2nd day, I think he's good for him as he can take his mind off things for short periods of time and dad loves to wind him up lol (I'm sure dads the bigger kid) lol ....

That's nice you feel he same about your grandkids aswell.... Maybe someone could show you how to post a picture on here... Katrina x

Ellie funny you should say that I put whisky through dads peg, which he really enjoyed lol .... Katrina x

mags55
    Ha ha
    No would choke on sangria Ellie, but I'm having plenty of Bailys in milky coffee.
    Xxx

mags55
    image.jpg
    Hi, I'm not sure if I have done this right?
    It should me and our four grandaughters. This was taken in October. Love them to bits.
    Mags xx

Looks fine Mags;

Nice one.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

buttercup
    Lovely picture Mags xx