Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: My dad

Hiya... Dad did get his peg done, he is alright, bit sore but i think he's in more pain with the air they filled him with than the actual site he said.. He's also complaining of a sore right arm since he got back, the dr that done the peg said sometimes that can happen when you get the peg put in, but never said anymore, did anyone else experience that?

My son also still in hospital, his whole track from his stomach throughout his bowel has paralysed (gone to sleep to him), just to wait on it waking itself up and to start working, don't know how long it will take this time.

It's been a long odd day going between dad and Connor, would never complain coz of do anything for them both ... Thanks for messages ... Katrina x

Thanks Katrina,

Never heard of right arm pain, I wonder if it's where they had the fluid input for drugs etc.

How long did Connor have this trouble before.

Hugs Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Kat You are truly a wonderful person. Give Dad & Connor my love. Dude XXx

Hey Terry,,

Now that you mention it, he's got a cannula in the same arm, I wonder if it's coz off that, he says it's sore up at the top and his right shoulder. Too early to go up and see him, going to go up at about 10-11ish.

Hope your well

Mostly Connor has had his problems the last 2-3 years but they think he might have it since he was born, it will only get worse he won't get better. Eventually his stomach/bowel will go to sleep and he will get TPN. I'm hoping that say is far away, there going to try him with dioralyte in his peg today at 5mls per hour to see if he can tolerate that, fingers crossed! .... Katrina x

Thankyou dude,, your not too bad yourself ,,, I'll tell dad today you were asking for him,, dad was asking for you the other day and was wondering how you were?... Kat x

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Kat You are truly a wonderful person. Give Dad & Connor my love. Dude XXx
    Hey dude, dad said to say he has joined the ensure club lol, he got given his supplies today, he's hopefully getting out tomorrow ... Kat x

Respect to Dad Kat. Dude x

Forum Member
    Im not medical but sometimes the site of the cannula can ' tissue', which I think means instead of going into a vein leaks into the tissue surrounding it. If so, it would need re-siting.

Strange you should mention that candle as that happened to my son today, his arm swelled up and had to be taken out and replaced, maybe dads is the same, il ask them to check his, don't know why i didn't think off that x

Hi everyone, I'm needing advice again, dad tried using his pegs for meds, flush and a bolus feed, he said it made him feel sick, anyone else experience this when first getting theirs done?,, and of this goes away? And also is there any tips anyone can give me for dad to try to stop him feeing that way?... Sorry for the million questions, I just want him to feel comfortable .... Katrina x