Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Really not sure where to put this so I shall put it here

Really not sure where to put this so I shall put it here

is this really what the forum has become? separate 'private' groups where you need to get approved by an invite? Clicking on the activity stream which I always do to see what the updates are now shows that some members have 'split off' into their own little world of posting. Is this how it is going to be from now on? It really is very sad that people cannot have differences of opinion and then move on without this separating of people.

I don't really understand why Dave has done it. The posts still come on the activity stream.

Users could always choose to read, or not.
    sorry about the absence of caps in my posts, my shift key is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I don't really understand why Dave has done it. The posts still come on the activity stream.

Users could always choose to read, or not.
    I just find it sad and if I am honest very isolating to others including myself, to have to be invited to join in a conversation is not good; this disease is frightful enough as it is without having to worry where people will accept you

maybe it is just to exclude Dude and others he clashed with.
    sorry about the absence of caps in my posts, my shift key is broken.

maybe so, ah well, such is life

Forum Member
    I hadn't actually looked at 'what's new' in the past couple of days so had no idea it would look like that.

Dude, that youtube video made me laugh so much. I was ten then and loved it. I know what he has been jailed for but those were the days. You just don't see enough silver lame these days!

It does seem a shame but on the other hand it is easier to see when new people post on introductions and does let those interested in the Dave and Julie situation catch up still. I still think it is a shame it came to this but I don't mind too much if it stays the only group.

Personally I can't even work out how to put my profile picture in place - it was lying on its side when I tried earlier. Whoops, something to work on perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    is this really what the forum has become? separate 'private' groups where you need to get approved by an invite? Clicking on the activity stream which I always do to see what the updates are now shows that some members have 'split off' into their own little world of posting. Is this how it is going to be from now on? It really is very sad that people cannot have differences of opinion and then move on without this separating of people.
    Jan,

This forum is for all of us, be they carers, family or MND patients. If Dave feels the need to post on a members group so be it. I would read his posts on the main forum but I will not join a separate group. The idea of the forum is to share knowledge, experience, humour and support.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

You are quite right Barry, and hands up, if my 'melt down' last week was the cause of this then I am truly sorry but stand by 100% what I said. To goad a member with MND to 'go and dig the garden or wash the pots' was a step too far and I was not prepared to stand by and say nothing, its not escaped attention that Dude posted in the original of Dave's thread, his post was ignored and hey presto we have this private members group spring up. I am sure that Dude can more than defend himself but I for one would not want to see him isolated

I'm with you Barry.

But I don't think that David done it to exclude people just to keep his daily chatter clear of the main area for more maybe vital stuff.

This was due to the other thread where I think that he was criticised.

I don't like it and would prefer it was done the old way.

You are dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

Never mind.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.