Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: medications and machines !!!

Forum Member
    After my last lot of antibiotics for my water infection, I was told to take Yakut, I just stick one through tube everyday.
    I have a gel to put in my mouth at night for dryness.
    And you have reminded me Ellie, I'm over due to see the hygienist.
    Mags xx

Hi
    I get oral thrush quite a bit with the sjogrens the live yoghurt drinks do help, the drops the doctors gave me stopped working after a while.
    Wendy x

Hi Mags,
    Thanks for your reply it's so helpful to be able to ask for help from possibly someone else ,suffering the same.,yes we take one thing and then need another for the problems that may cause,we can't win can we.!! X JAN Q.

Thanks Wendy, I decided to get some yoghurt drinks to see if they help so fingers X they may help along with the antifungal medicine. X JAN Q.

Thanks Ellie,
    The vitamin c tablet sounds interesting will give anything a try, have been drinking yoghurt drinks too think they could help.
    All tips and ideas are so helpful as we don't always think of everything ourselves do we.
    X JAN Q.

@ Jan Q...

I know this may sound like sucking eggs but I have Julies thick saliva, halitosis and oral thrush under control (I hope) by helping Julie brush her teeth (well gums as she has no teeth) 3 times a day then immediately swilling 3 times with a non alcohol based mouthwash (went through so many until we found one that worked)

Julie has been Thrush and smelly breath free for about a month now.

Julie needs help with 'personal hygiene' now that I have understood this, Julie is happy and no one 'recoils' when close to Julie when she speaks (Checkout folk for an example)

We did try about 20 different mouthwashes before we found the one that works, well for now anyway...

Dave

Hi Dave;

You can say the mouth washes name and where you get it from if it's good. We are not meant to promote I think but we can say what works.

Well that doesn't make much sense.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.