Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Communication Manufactures have day shows

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Hi;

I just confirmed that I'm going to the day at Cambridge on the 30th June. If you are thinking of going book before Thursday and let me know so that we can meet.

Jan; did you manage to go to the one your way?

Love Terry

Hi Terry, unfortunately did not make it sadly

Just a word of warning, don't do interned dating;

Barry looks no where as good as his photo, plenty of photoshop work done.

It was a good day and so nice to meet such a nice man as Barry. I learnt quite a bit and hopefully I'll write it down tomorrow but I have to do a presentation at the hospice tomorrow with 4 ten year old school girls and I have not written the introduction yet.

I will be in tears and so will most of the 15 kids if they see me. I hate goodbyes and kindness or sympathy. Still it clears the tubes.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Lots of hi tech communication kit mostly based on windows operating systems. Most of the delegates were NHS speech therapists and hopefully their bosses will finance the equipment when patients need it. What I did learn was that voices banked with modeltalker like mine are available in a windows format or iOS (Apple).

It was a pleasure to finally meet Terry although he could have made an effort and shaved for the occasion. His companion Richard is a charming fellow, much nicer than Terry lol. I do hope we can meet again at one of these seminars or an MNDA session.

Love and best wishes to all.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Thanks for the update Barry.

Did you try anything that particularly impressed you?

Terry isn't nice when he shaves.

Attachment 693

Ellie x

I am obviously very busy this afternoon
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

meow
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Nice one Ellie.

I was impressed with how much the I gaze equipment has developed in the space of 2or3 years. Smaller, lighter and accurate. Whilst I don't need this equipment yet it is good to know what's out there. I was also impressed with the amplifier units as most text to speech systems have poor volume levels. If anyone wants more details then please pm me and I will reply.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Yes, eye gaze is now really accurate. Advances in this hardware totally driven by gaming, but I'm grateful
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    That's great you were both able to meet.

Our Cat does need his fur though Barry, Ellie is right could you just imagine how much meaner he would be without it (especially to me..ugh)

xox