Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rizolule

Hi mags, yes it says an hour before food or 2 hours after, I didn't realise it was so your body got better absorption from it until Ellie told me today. I was also autopsies we got the liquid Riluzole as I heard it was very very expensive aswell, but didn't complain when we got it, dad says when he puts it in his mouth a lot off it ends up sticking to his tongue, but we have managed to mix thick Greek yogurt and blended cashew nuts into it and it's a good texture to hide the tablet in for him .... Katrina x

Be nice in ensure Kat lol. Dude x

Lol Dude ,,, you sure you don't own them lol ... Kat x

I'm enSURE.

Lol, you could be a good advertiser for ensure hahaha!... Kat x

I'm not enSURE about that Kat x

Hi mags, I have just read your post and I am so pleased to hear that we can get riluzole in liquid form,I have not taken any of mine since I had my rig fitted ,as the first time tried to put it through it blocked my tube and took my son 2 hours of struggling to clear it ,it was quite frightening as nothing would go in or out. We ground the tablet to fine dust but when eventually my son did clear it it spurred out and had coagulated into lumps. Consequently I will not risk it again,as if it happened again I would not be able to do it myself, now my nurses have requested liquid form but I am still waiting after nearly three weeks.
    So I am more hopeful now that I may get it eventually.
    Xx Jan Q.

Hi Jan;

Some makes of Riluzole have more of a coating than others. When putting other thing make sure they are well diluted and push plenty of water down. I got mine blocked with a liquid antibiotic, it acted like a custard powder, in that it went solid under compression, even when diluted with the same amount of water.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Jan You need to push people. Dude x

Forum Member
    Hi Jan
    My GP gave me the prescription for liquid Rilizole but when I told my nuerologist, she didn't seem to be that happy, she told me it is very expensive, it should be for people with no peg and can't swallow the tablets. But I am continuing with the liquid as the tablets were hard to dissolve. Can your GP prescribe them for you?
    Mags x