Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Email Notifications

Email Notifications

Would it be possible to be notified after every new post to a thread please? There can be many replies and ones that are specifically aimed at you personally. You'll never know unless you keep checking the thread. PatientsLikeMe notify you after every new post, which is better.

Thanks

Sarah

Forum Member
    Hi Sarah,

I'm not sure if that facility is currently available to us - the latest post to a thread heads the listing under the 'new posts' link, which means that you can't 'see' other earlier posts which have also arrived since you last logged in. Did you mean that you just want notification of posts which are directed at you personally, or individual notifications of all new posts?

Either way, I'll see what I can find out and get back to you.

Mike.

Hi Mike

I mean individual notification of all new posts.

Thanks
    Last edited by Andrew; 15th February 2014 at 15:48.

Robyn Copley-Hirst
    Hi Sarah (and everyone),

I know I've just PM'd you about this, but I'll inform everyone here if there is anything better we can put in place, too. I'll get back to Sarah early next week and post any better solutions here.

Robyn

I was wondering the same, Sarah. On Build-UK if you reply to a thread there is a check box which states 'Notify me when a reply is posted'.
    Best wishes

Jeannie

Please donate and share forever grateful xx Please see the link https://www.gofundme.com/83tq5j-help..._co_campmgmt_w

I have just noticed 'Subscription' within Settings. When replying to a thread click reply then 'Go advanced' scroll down and you will see a check box which states 'Subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes' you then get the following options: 1) Though my control panel only. 2) Instantly, using email. 3) Daily, using email. 4) Weekly, using email.

You can also view, manage and unsubscribe, subscriptions within settings.
    Last edited by Jeannie; 27th August 2011 at 17:11.
    Best wishes

Jeannie

Please donate and share forever grateful xx Please see the link https://www.gofundme.com/83tq5j-help..._co_campmgmt_w

Forum Member
    Well spotted Jeannie!

It's the action of subscribing to a thread which gives access to all the notification facilities, and this will give Sarah, and anyone else, the updates they need as and when they are posted and/or required.

There have been several instances like this where members (and moderators!) have been looking for functions which are present but not apparent. Perhaps we should pull together a thread to combine all these 'Forum User' advisories for easier reference.

Well done again,

Mike.

Thanks, Mike ;-) It works a treat, I received an instant email message containing the post you had written therefore didn't even need to view the forum. I like your idea of a thread stating functions ;-) must send this as dinner is served. Have a great weekend.

Here is the email:

Dear Jeannie,

MikeFD has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Email Notifications - in the Forum Feedback and Help forum of Motor Neurone Disease Association Forum.

This thread is located at:
    http://forum.mndassociation.org/show...s&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    Well spotted Jeannie!

It's the action of subscribing to a thread which gives access to all the notification facilities, and this will give Sarah, and anyone else, the updates they need as and when they are posted and/or required.

There have been several instances like this where members (and moderators!) have been looking for functions which are present but not apparent. Perhaps we should pull together a thread to combine all these 'ForumUser' advisories for easier reference.

Well done again,

Mike.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
    Motor Neurone Disease Association Forum
    Best wishes

Jeannie

Jeannie, you're a genius!!! Thanks.

But then this won't apply "There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again."

I've posted on another thread and will see if I get emails after every new post. I feel a bit confused now!

Sarah