Thread: Do you receive Attend Allowance?

Lightbulb Do you receive Attend Allowance?

Hello everyone,

The MND Association's Campaigns team are looking to speak to people that are living with MND and are currently receiving Attendance Allowance. We need to know what this financial support means to you.

We want to be able to tell decision-makers and the general public why this benefit is so important to people with MND; personal stories can be a powerful way to demonstrate the importance of this funding to Government. Of course, you may remain anonymous if you'd prefer.

If you’re interested in sharing your story with us then please email campaigns@mndassociation.org or comment on this post and a member of our team will get in touch with you.

Many Thanks,

Alana (MND Association Campaigns team)

Forum Member
    I have been receiving the lower rate of AA for a couple of years because of a stroke. Being a pensioner, it certainly helps and it doesn't count against Pension Credit, unlike Carers Allowance. Now I've been diagnosed with MND I am going to apply for the higher rate of AA.

The lower rate is awarded if you need care during the day, the higher rate is awarded if you need care at night as well.