Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ronnie Corbett

john

Ronnie Corbett

I didn't realise This legend had died from mnd. Diagnosed a year ago apparently but heard no mention of it in all the news coverage yesterday. Shame the opportunity was not taken to raise awareness.

https://www.facebook.com/Mndcambridg...06928332788745

John

What a shame he chose to hide his diagnosis, only a few people knew.

A golden opportunity missed to raise awareness of MND.

RIP Ronnie & thanks for the laughs.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

I didn't know either John;

It is a shame that it was not even mentioned. He got it very late in life then, it would be interesting to know when his symptoms started.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

From BBC:-

"Anne Hart (his wife) told The Daily Mail he had been diagnosed in March 2015 after he "started to feel unwell and found it hard to breathe and to lie down" around Christmas 2014."
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Dude
    Poor Ronnie I bet he'll have more than fork handles at his funeral. Goodnight little fella. Dude.

Dabchick
    Don't be hard on Ronnie or his wife for not using his illness to raise awareness of MND. My husband didn't want anyone to know what he was suffering from either, and so it was only the closest family members and his best friend who knew until after he had died ( and that was because I had told them - against his wishes). Ronnie chose not to tell people and his wife Ann respected that, it was the last thing he had control over and ultimately his life and his death. RIP Ronnie - another lovely person lost because of MND. Trish x

So sad, but I can understand his family not wanting the publicity that would have happened. Maybe his family will give support to the cause now. RIP Ronnie xxx

missmuffett
    It is indeed a missed opportunity to get people more aware of motor neuron disease but if he was eg drooling ,falling etc ,not nice symptoms for a member of the public let alone a celebrity ! RIP Ronnie...x

Like Dabchick I disagree with those who think Ronnie should have used his fame to promote MND. He reached average age for a man and was 82 when diagnosed so the public perception may have been that it is an old person disease (no offence to octogenarians).

Everyone has the right to privacy and being such a popular celebrity he must have been tired of the paparazzi. Ronnie's family may indeed take to fundraising on behalf of MNDA.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

marieline
    Hi John, I believe 82 yrs of living, bringing people joy is a life well lived. He will be remembered.
    RIP Ronnie Corbett. Marie