Thread: First Anniversary of Diagnosis

Bakerchick

First Anniversary of Diagnosis

Today marks the first anniversary of my formal diagnosis. I started noticing symptoms in June of the year before - couldn't swallow my dietary supplements. My voice is pretty much gone and I can feel myself slowing down. I'm physically weaker than I used to be (I was very strong). BC

Hi BC,,, lets hope we see another message this time next year with your 2nd anniversary since diagnosis... Your so brave .... Katrina x

Dude
    Hi BC We have all gotten weaker but just keep going . Dude x

Susan
    I love the fact it is one year since your diagnosis. You may be slowing down but I bet we all are, MND or not really. Just a bit faster for us!

missmuffett
    It's coming up to 12 months for me too,mine is the end of April.Since that date, I have lost the full use of my legs in November,hands and arms now weakening,my lack of swallow means no more crisps for me(!) and my voice started fading / straining in December.Still here though ,so that says something .....Love to you all !

JAN Q
    Hi miss Muffet
    I am at the same stage as you almost identical by the sound of it, I was diagnosed in June so my first year is couple months away but sure I could have been diagnosed in March as I had two appointments cancelled in the March. My speech is now so poor sometimes I can't get any words out so have to write it down,this is so frustrating with everything else to cope with too. I lost my mobility in December so have been using a motorized wheelchair since then and without it I couldn't survive in my flat as I am on my own. I get bit down but as you say still here and hoping to have RIG fitted soon to help me with fluids and ensure drinks.
    Xx Jan Q.

Bakerchick
    I do feel very lucky that I still have my mobility. My eating and drinking is getting difficult. When I was in India in November I had my fortune and I was told I would live until I was 91 with no serious health problems! Bless him - he was only telling me what he thought I wanted to hear. Sadly I only have a 5 year financial plan. BC

Hi BC,

I guess "Congratulations" isn't the appropriate term but you've done so much in a year - changed continents, travelled and learnt all about a branch of Neurology!

I hope the next year is good to you.

Love Ellie (9th anniversary celebrated two weeks ago)
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.