Thread: soft cold food

soft cold food

I would like to share ideas for soft foods (not purees) suitable for cold suppers. At present I give my husband grated beetroot, grated cucumber & potato salad every evening together with one of the folliwing - avocado, smoked salmon, corned beef, boneless sardines, hard boiled egg or quiche without crust. He doesn't like soups. He has ice cream and jelly most evenings for dessert. (He has his main cooked meal at lunchtimes)

Hi Grannie Annie .. It is a bit of a problem finding different cold soft foods other than what you are using .. Sometimes i would cut up prawns very small and mix into an avacado adding some nice seafood sauce, another thing i get is soft pate .. Also a nice cut up egg with mayonaise ... For my friend who I look after I actually make his main meal now in the evenings 6 pm .. I find it easier to do a cold lunch and a hot main meal in the evening ..
    Dvd

thanks Dvd for your suggestions. I do give my husband half an avocado pear, also hard boiled egg, chopped. Pate is a good idea and I have just found a shop that sells smoked trout - less salty than smoked salmon. Might try prawns too.

Forum Member
    Smoked mackerel? Bean or lentil salads? Couscous - although it gets caught in teeth if he has sticky saliva. I can managed ham if it's chopped up. grated cheese.? Cole slaw? Lots of Mayo helps everything slide down!

never thought of grated cheese - that's a very good one!

Forum Member
    Hi grannie annie just made this avacoda mashed with little creme freish chopped prawns and smoked salmon mixed together had with some cold potatooe salad really nice and easy to eat

sounds good Jay Jay.
    Husband not keen on pate so I told him the liver pate was liver SAUSAGE, just mashed up, and he enjoyed it!
    I have been told you can freeze fresh avocados. I Put half a one in the freezer but have not got it out again yet.
    Any more suggestions for soft cold food will be much appreciated