Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Get text-to-speech organised early

Forum Member
    That is really impressive Bob. I just used a headset we already had (thanks to son and husband playing games on the PC) so couldn't really donate it without causing dismay to my family but I love the fact you did it.

I must have used patient somewhere else as it wasn't in the post above yours. I do know we are outside the proper use of that term but I don't actually mind it as I can't think of a better alternative.

Joyously, I am off on a distillery tour with my daughter today (part of the spirit of speyside festival!) - I don't much like whisky but am excited all the same, even with my dodgy voice.

Hi all,

I raised the issue of advising people with MND about voice banking when I went for my check up yesterday. The neurologist said that the person diagnosed has a lot to take in, apart from the shock factor and it is only when they indicate an interest in improving quality of life with the disease (which is often several months later) that the department will raise the issue of recording your voice. So the lesson here is read the forum and make a list of questions for the medics.

Susan

I am doing the whisky trail with a friend in July. Enjoy.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    I got Rose to do it long before the medics mentioned it. We did it just in time I think. So like so many others, my advice is do it early. We used Modeltalker and Precitable but also have the voice on her Windows 10 PC.

Well done JRCat;

Nice to know it works for people.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    I'm voice banking like a maniac. Shocked at the speed of my voice,s deterioration. Didn't know it could happen so quick. Wish I'd known and banked my good voice rather than my impaired one.

Hi Tilly,

Don't try to rush your recording. Stick to 100 phrases per day, preferably in the morning when our voice is generally better. I was also a bit late in starting but the end result will still be you and remember you can change the speed and pitch on the app.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!