Thread: Getting gene tests

Forum Member

Getting gene tests

Currently in a difficult position with my partner (age 27) of whether to have the gene test- the one in this case is FUS!
    More things against having the test but the big for is obviously having healthy children and a healthy partner!
    50% risk he has the gene, 50% is going to actually develop into MND and 50% it will be passed on to our children!
    Got the genetics appointment in June.....any useful info or advice would be great!!

Hi Mndamiss,

You could see if he could have the tests anomusly (anonymously). Mnda connect might be able to give you more advice and are worth ringing.

Best wishes Terry
    Last edited by Terry; 29th April 2016 at 12:01.
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi Mndamiss,

If you would like to give us a call at MND Connect we will be able to discuss the tests and the support we can offer.

We also have information on genetic testing and Familial MND.

You can call us on 0808 8026262 which is a Freephone number from landlines and all mobiles. Alternatively you can email us at: mndconnect@mndassociation.org

Kind regards

Jacqui
    MND Connect

Forum Member
    Hello what do u mean by:

' You could see if he could have the tests anomusly.' ?

I have sent Mnda an email so hopefully will get more information.

Thank u

Hi Mndmiss;

My spelling is bad, very bad, anonymously I just wondered if you could be a number and not a name, if they didn't know your name maybe you would not have to declare it.

Just a thought.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.