Thread: Botox for droolingh

Forum Member

Botox for droolingh

Hi all Has anyone had the Botox injections if all other methods have failed.
    I have 3 events coming up .Concert,Holiday in France and a Wedding .all within 8 weeks of each other.
    I would not want Botox forever more but just enough to get me through the summer without having to be constantly mopping saliva with a kitchen towel.
    I am in London next Wednesday for a neuro appt . I will ask then but,meanwhile I would like opinion or experience form you
    Vikki x

Sorry for the droolingh .i think you all know what I meant
    Last edited by alfies mum; 3rd May 2016 at 10:53.

Hi Alfie's Mum.
    They do say that the Botox solution is only temporary so that does sound like a good idea.
    Unfortunately it was difficult to get around here but I do wish you well. I know what an issue the drooling is. It drove Trevor bananas as everything he tried had unacceptable side effects for him.
    Do enjoy all those lovely outings. Have you got space in your case for a smallish lady for the France bit?

Love Nettie

Alfie's mum, there is one gent on here who has had experience, good I think. Dude x

Hi Alfies Mum;

Yes a few have had it and I to think that there was some temporary improvement. If you put "botox" in the search box you can look through the threads.

If you have problems with this just say and I will post some links when I have more time.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

I have had two sessions, four injections to face and neck.

It's good for 8-12 wks, it takes a while to kick in and needs supplementing with other meds as part of a regime, it's not a miracle cure.

I would recco if you can get it.
    sorry about the absence of caps in my posts, my shift key is broken.

Forum Member
    Thanks to all for your advice.Steve what are the other meds please. I have patches and Amitriptyline .is that what you had?

I didn't get on with patches. Glycopiralate seems to work best for me.
    sorry about the absence of caps in my posts, my shift key is broken.

Drooling. Yes mine has got worse since being diagnosed 2 yrs ago. I was given Scopoderm ( Hyoscine) travel sickness patches. These are working ok and I am off on holiday a cruise to Med.