Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electric Wheelchair availale

Rhubarb

Electric Wheelchair availale

My brother Bill had an Ottobok electric wheelchair which my sister in law would like to give to somebody who could make good use of it. It is an excellent machine and has had only had a few outings. She bought it for Bill as the waiting list was long and she would like to give it to somebody who has MND or if not she would sell it with the money going to MND but her first option is preferred. She would hope that it would be passed on to someone else if no longer useful or suitable. Is there anybody out there who could make use of it? It would have to be collected from the Newark area and is available now. Please e-mail if interested at liz.hall@yahoo.co.uk. I will then pass the message on. Thanks.

Dude
    That's very thoughtful of you & Bill's wife. I don't need it but maybe somebody on here will. Dude xx

http://www.independentliving.co.uk/s...ck-healthcare/

http://www.ottobock.co.uk/

Thank you for offering it to us. It seams a very nice chair. Have you any more info on the model and the size of it.

Like Dude, I don't need it but many here are waiting for wheelchairs from wheelchair services, so I'm sure that it will be of use.

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Dear Rhubarb,

A very generous offer, this is something that interests me, I have my name down for a power chair and have just put in a through the floor lift and have builders in converting the bathroom. I have sent you an e mail asking for further details.

John

Hello Ruhbarb,

I see John beat me to it but if John gets the chair he has applied for then please consider me as first reserve. I live in Newark so I will email you.

Regards
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Rhubarb
    Thanks for all the interest. I have passed all the info on. Wishing you all the best.

john
    Definitely an advert but also relevant if you think people should be buying from Indian!

£1 will buy you 100 rupees therefore £1,000 will buy you 100,000 rupees.

John

Forum Member
    Thank you so much Monica and Liz,

The wheelchair is sitting in my dining room and is excellent. It is the all singing and dancing "Neuro" version which allows you to sit or recline at the touch of a button, an Ottobock B400 Neuro which was designed with input from the MND Association, as soon as I get the batteries changed I will let loose to bash into doors and furniture and see how it works with my Wessex through the floor lift. I've also got builders in halfway through a 2-3 week job converting the bathroom. So at last I'm getting organised for the challenge to come or should I say the challenge that is upon me now.

It was very kind of Bill's family to think of us and they are busy fundraising to provide further help and research into a cure which we all hope will come soon, support them if you can.

Barry, if I find there comes a time when I no longer have a need for it I'll offer it to you but it is quite a beast and there is no way it will fit your lovely new Audi Q3.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...Url=billhislop

I've not been around much lately but am following developments and would like to pass on special greetings to Katrina and Dave I'm thinking of you both in what must be difficult times.

All the best,

John

Thanks John for letting us know;

It is so nice that people give things that will improve your life for now. Maybe your wheelchair services one will be better and they will adapt it and service it etc.

How did you get it transported?

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Hi Terry,

It would have been nice to collect it in person but I had to get a courier to pick it up and transport it down to me it is too large and heavy to fit in the back of our estate car. Even he struggled as the batteries were flat and the the automatic brake was engaged so he was not able to push it along, he put it on a little trolley and moved it that way. I was able to point out that there is a way of disengaging the brake and getting it to freewheel which would have made his task a lot easier. I've never used a courier before but it is easy to book one on line the only problem is deciding who to employ as I had multiple offers, cost wise it was reasonable but I think that they batch several jobs together rather than make a special trip. Cheers,

John