Thread: What is a Plasma Exchange?

catlover88

What is a Plasma Exchange?

Hello. A friend possibly has MND & is being seen by a neurologist but it seems to be taking ages to confirm/deny if he definately has MND. He's been having treatment & there is now talk of doing a plasma exchange. What does this involve & is it something MND related? Thanks. ZZZZ (please can I remain anonymous on here, thank you!)

Robyn Copley-Hirst
    Hi Catlover,

You can choose to remain completely anonymous on the forum here, the only thing people can see of you is your username. Others choose to be very public, but this is their choice completely.

I hope you find the answers you are looking for here. Your post may not be spotted here by everyone, so if no one has spotted/responded to this in the next day or so I'll move it for you so it's under a thread called something like: What is a Plasma Exchange? I'm very sorry to hear about your friend having the possibility of MND as a diagnosis. As Davids experience in this thread shows it is not the only option at this stage and there are possibilities other than MND.

Feel free to ask whatever questions you would like here and contact myself or one of our moderators if you ever require any assistance in using the forum.

Best Regards,

Robyn
    forum co-ordinator

catlover88
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyn Copley-Hirst View Post
    Hi Catlover,

You can choose to remain completely anonymous on the forum here, the only thing people can see of you is your username. Others choose to be very public, but this is their choice completely.

I hope you find the answers you are looking for here. Your post may not be spotted here by everyone, so if no one has spotted/responded to this in the next day or so I'll move it for you so it's under a thread called something like: What is a Plasma Exchange? I'm very sorry to hear about your friend having the possibility of MND as a diagnosis. As Davids experience in this thread shows it is not the only option at this stage and there are possibilities other than MND.

Feel free to ask whatever questions you would like here and contact myself or one of our moderators if you ever require any assistance in using the forum.

Best Regards,

forum co-ordinator
    Thanks Robyn, much appreciated.

Kind regards

Catlover

PS. Sorry I didn't start a new thread yesterday, I guess that's what I should of done!

Robyn Copley-Hirst
    No problem - I'll start one for you now

Best Wishes,

Robyn