Thread: MND Awareness Month - Shortened Stories

MND Awareness Month - Shortened Stories

Good afternoon all

You may have seen in the media and online that it is motor neurone disease awareness month. The MND Association's 2016 campaign is called Shortened Stories. This campaign focuses on the fact that MND kills a third of people within a year and more than half within 2 years of diagnosis.

We have worked with 3 people affected by MND - Heather, Robert and Jo. Heather has shared her partner, Steve who died of MND and his story in the form of a commissioned graphic novel. Robert, who is living with MND, wrote and filmed a poem describing life with the disease. Finally, Jo who is living with MND has shared her story and will have a portrait painted by Sarah Ezekiel using Eyegaze.

All last week the Association and MND were in the media raising vital awareness on programmes such as BBC Breakfast and Lorraine. Radio stations including Radio 2, Radio 4 and BBC Wales plus in newspapers including the Daily Mail and Sunday Mirror.

Please take a look at Shortened Stories for yourself on the campaign website - www.shortenedstories.org

First paragraph really depressing. Who writes this shite. Dude

Wow, you could sub Robert's name with mine. It's almost identical to my story.
    sorry about the absence of caps in my posts, my shift key is broken.

Forum Member
    I thought this was a really good piece of work, quite inspiring stories of young people affected MND I am sure that it will achieve the desired result which is to get people to care and understand.
    Last edited by John14; 8th June 2016 at 09:54.

Forum Member
    I agree that this is a good approach in terms of getting the message about mnd across to a wider audience. I think that people can relate to personal stories much more than to broad statements, and anything that can be done to explain the problems associated with mnd to the public can only help. Well done to mnda for the recent uplift in publicity. Surely any increase in awareness must be good.