Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hospice

Hospice

I was reading another thread where people were talking about exercise. I thought I should write about the hospice I go to. I've been attending my hospice for nine years and going there has really helped me manage my MND. I go to their gym twice a week, which has kept me mobile. I've also had several alternative therapies there.

I see their medical director every two months or if I'm ill. My children have had therapy there and I don't know how I would cope without the hospice. I've also been there for respite four times.

My MNDA visitor told me about my hospice and that's the best advice I've had since diagnosis. Does anyone here attend a hospice? I can highly recommend it!

Sarah

It sounds like something worth doing. How would i go about finding more out about this? and where there is a hospice nearby?

Do you have a MNDA visitor Chris? They should know. I go to a Marie Curie hospice, maybe you can google it to see if there's one near you?

No ive never had anyone MNDA vist. i'll have a nosey on google.

Willowbrook seems to be the closest to me. After having a look through the website it looks like a nice place and seems like there is various forms of help and care available. I go back to the walton clinic at the begining of january so i think i will mention something.

You can ask MND Connect also. I hope you will be able to go to one, it's a great resource. I've also met some amazing people there and know many of the staff. It's my second home!

Merry Maid
    can i ask who pays for your respite sarah

It's free mm. Everything at the hospice is free. Here's a link to my hospice http://www.mariecurie.org.uk/hampstead

Sarah

Merry Maid
    thank you sarah

If you go here, http://www.mndassociation.org/ and register you will be put in touch with your local group and loads of help will be made available to you. Becoming a member of the MND Association is an absolute must for anyone suffering from the disease or caring for someone who is.