Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urgent Alert- Gentleman with MND at Risk

Hello All,

Our MND Connect team will be contacting the forum member concerned to see if they would like any further support and advice from us.

It does seem logical Mnda connect,

Can you also try to contact that other lady whose dad had Mnd, she was in a terrible state and I did email you at the time when she needed help. I think that she is a bit isolated and it would be good to try to offer help even though her dad has gone.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Thank you Admin-MND

Please could you raise the issue of the connect contact register and give us a report back as well please, as to whether or not it's feasible etc. It may not be the right thing for everyone and making it a matter of choice would solve the problem of unwanted contact. It might however be reassuring for a number of members.

Thanks again

Wendy X

Forum Member
    I don't understand the earlier response from MND connect they are unable to contact the forum member in question. It's not like there is a breach of confidentiality as it is an open forum. Surely it is better to contact someone potentially in trouble and be rebuffed than not to contact them at all. I find it really difficult to ask for help and they may be the same and if you don't know what help is available how do you know what do I ask for? If forum members are sufficiently concerned to flag up these individual cases then the baton should be taken up by MND connect who are in a better position to at least signpost these people in distress if they should so want it help or advice. It shouldn't be a matter of arguing over whose responsibility it is - just a matter of showing care and compassion to someone else in trouble. I'm glad Admin MND gave a positive response - policies can obviously be rewritten very quickly!

Hi Kernowcluck;

I think that you have hit the nail on it's head, many people don't like or won't ask for help, for whatever reason. All am asking is that they make every effort to contact the person posting and try to offer help and see what is possible.

Graham, I don't think that they can report cases straight from the forum posts but after further investigations by contacting the person posting, this could be an outcome.

Mnda Connect, cut out some of the RED Tape and hiding behind closed doors. We are all here to help others, don't look for reasons not to do that to our best ability.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Hi Terry,

What are the details of the other gentleman in distress with MND?

Of course we have a right to be concerned and the MNDA has a DUTY to act.

Regards

Graham
    Copyright Graham

Hi Graham;

The gentleman with Mnd was looked after well but I was concerned for the carer.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Hi Terry,

Thanks for that. The carer is able-bodied and our MNDA does not have a duty of care for carers.

Regards

Graham
    Copyright Graham

Hi Graham;

I am please to say that the Mnda have contacted the carer concerned and have changed their policy in these matters.

So, if we have major concerns for people on here we can PM the Mnda connect and they will then look at the case and try to contact the posting person if appropriate.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Hi Terry,

Excellent news!!!

It is only common sense and being human that we want to care for each other in crises.

Much love

Graham
    Copyright Graham