Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi everyone, from a recently diagnosed 29 year old female!

Hi fraser, I know who you are talking about, dads respitory team are from there, but his mnd team are from ninewells in Dundee, he is under dr Morrison and gilbertson... Katrina x

Hi Gemma x sorry to hear you have MND, but welcome to the forum xxx Becky

Forum Member
    Hello,
    I am so sorry to read what youíre going through. Our 28 year old daughter was just diagnosed with MND. We are distraught beyond words and found this forum. Her symptoms sound like the timeline of yours. We are in the U.S. but hopefully itís okay to be part of this group.
    Right now, she want to keep it private so itís difficult to post to other groups in the U.S.
    Thanks,
    Lorri

Hi Lorri

Sorry to hear you have to join the forum for the reasons that you give.

But a warm welcome of course!

We have people on this forum from different parts of the world and so I'm sure I'll get corrected if somebody thinks you shouldn't be here but I doubt it.

Do ask away if you have questions?
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.
    MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Forum Member
    Hi Gemma,
    Welcome and I'm so pleased you have contacted this forum.
    Although I've been living with MND for a few years I am relatively new to this.
    Everybody here seems to be very supportive.

What part of the country are you in. Have you made contact with your local MNDA group.

It's all about finding ways to make things easier.

DD
    x

Forum Member
    Hi Lorri,
    I'm sure everyone is welcome.

Hi Lorric and welcome to the forum;

So sorry to hear about your daughter's diagnoses.

Please feel free to ask any question or to just share things with us.

Best wishes, Terry

Hi Lorri, welcome to our forums. I’m very sorry that your young daughter was diagnosed with MND. As already stated we do have people on here from other countries. I have some relatives in the US. One is Loraine, called Lorri often so might be similar to your name. It is very hard at the beginning so take care of yourself as well as your daughter. Ask whatever you want.

I hope that your daughter has good health insurance because MND or ALS as it’s called over there is very needy in medical help, social care and specific aids to help keep mobile and independent for as long as possible. Walking aids, wheelchairs as examples. She will probably need talking software sometime or other. It’d be a good idea to do voice banking while she still has a clear speaking voice. Model Talker is a US group that does this. So maybe you could research this for your daughter. When she’s completed her voice banking she can buy the download for her device. I’ve got mine on my iPad in Predictable. This is the software that uses banked voices to give people who have difficulties speaking their own voice back, well pretty close to it.

Take care ,
    Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.