Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National conference

National conference

Hi everyone,

Is anyone going to the above event on 10th September? It is being held at the Raddison Blu hotel near East Midlands airport.

I have registered to attend and it would be great to meet up with fellow forumites.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Hi Barry. Carol and I have registered again for this year. Hope to see you there.

Quote Originally Posted by philipb View Post
    Hi Barry. Carol and I have registered again for this year. Hope to see you there.
    Hi Philip,

I will contact you nearer the time so we can meet up.

Barry

Forum Member
    Hi Barry. That's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by philipb View Post
    Hi Barry. That's fine.
    Hi Philip,

You will recognise me by my unusual crutch which has a green arm piece. I look forward to meeting you.

Barry

Forum Member
    Hi Barry. Sorry, missed your message yesterday and at the meeting today. Did meet Steve and Sue who go to the Nottingham meetings. Hope you enjoyed the day. Regards Philip

Forum Member
    I was watching online & caught Barry from Newark's question, our Barry?

Hi Philip,

Sorry we didn't meet up but I did meet Carol and we had a chat after lunch. Sorry Carol, I interrupted your desert. There were so many people I know at this event that spreading yourself is difficult. Yes John it was me posing the question "how will MNDA measure success of the NICE guidelines". We await news of the audit trail they are developing.

Good to hear Lee Millard's question read out and the presentation from professor dame Pamela Shaw was excellent. Encouraging research going on and although it may appear to many that the scientists are not making much progress, I have now been to 4 annual meetings and have seen the advances. Okay I am ever the optimist but medical science is heavily regulated and without MNDA funding (which let's not forget is all of us, our family and friends fundraising) we would not be where we are today.

I believe it was Charles who raised the question of a drug called edaravone on a different thread. This is in use in Japan and about to trial in the US. Apparently it is administered by injection but the professor said a Pharma company in Holland is developing a tablet form.

A very rewarding day for me and thank you MNDA for all the hard work your team put in to host these events.

I may be quiet for 2 weeks (thank goodness for that I hear you cry) as tomorrow I am cruising for 2 weeks and Internet is via the ship satellite, therefore mega expensive .

Best wishes to all.

Barry

Forum Member
    Hi Barry. Have a great holiday.

Forum Member
    I missed yesterday's conference online, darned Cornish broadband not working. Is there any transcript available in any form that I can access please?