Thread: Youtube Channel

Youtube Channel

As part of my awareness raising efforts I've launched a Youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK5...CEkj6RjfzJ4Mhw

i've just posted a review of how i control my Macbook and iMac with a product called iTracker which only costs $35 and has given me back full control of my computers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWDxhgKmM-o

I'm now working on a series of videos on ventilation and will be publishing reviews of any equipment i find useful.
    Last edited by Calum; 25th July 2016 at 15:45.

Forum Member
    Hi Calum

What a good idea. Wishing you all the best.

Staney

Hi Calum,

Thanks for putting up the iTracker video. I recently posted about it, but being an anything but Apple girl I couldn't see it in action. Even though I am not a Mac/iPad user, it's good to see OS X compatible tech, so much is Windows only.

I like to keep up with AAT and use the excellent EyeX myself.

Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    Hi Calum,

Thanks for putting up the iTracker video. I recently posted about it, but being an anything but Apple girl I couldn't see it in action. Even though I am not a Mac/iPad user, it's good to see OS X compatible tech, so much is Windows only.

I like to keep up with AAT and use the excellent EyeX myself.

Ellie.
    Hi Ellie

I'm also an Eyegaze/Eyex user - as i wear specs i find it a bit temperamental - that said when it works its great.

As you say very few AAT systems work with Mac IOS - another benefit of the iTracker is it strengthens up my neck muscles.

All the best

Calum

Hi Calum;

There's at least five different eye gaze cameras, I don't know if any are better with specs but some are probably better for some people/situations than others, judging what the manufactures representatives said at the recent show.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Calum View Post
    Hi Ellie

I'm also an Eyegaze/Eyex user

Calum
    Calum, you're the only other AAT user of the EyeX I've come across! My specs wearing nephew recently got one for gaming

That's a shame about your specs interfering w/ the Tobii EyeX, it's normally pretty good as it has a special calibration setting for "corrective lens". It must be good to have a Windows PC for EyeX and a Mac for iTracker - access to every form of AAT!!

When you use EyeX, given it's a Software Developer's Kit, what mouse control/onscreen keyboard & Windows version do you use?

I'd really love to spread the word that people can use a cheap eye tracker with their Windows tablet or laptop and free software, rather than either fundraise or wait months for an overpriced eyegaze integrated PC. (Bearing in mind many with ALS/MND don't have sufficient head control for a camera mouse)

Thanks,
    Ellie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    Calum, you're the only other AAT user of the EyeX I've come across! My specs wearing nephew recently got one for gaming

That's a shame about your specs interfering w/ the Tobii EyeX, it's normally pretty good as it has a special calibration setting for "corrective lens". It must be good to have a Windows PC for EyeX and a Mac for iTracker - access to every form of AAT!!

When you use EyeX, given it's a Software Developer's Kit, what mouse control/onscreen keyboard & Windows version do you use?

I'd really love to spread the word that people can use a cheap eye tracker with their Windows tablet or laptop and free software, rather than either fundraise or wait months for an overpriced eyegaze integrated PC. (Bearing in mind many with ALS/MND don't have sufficient head control for a camera mouse)

Thanks,
    Ellie.
    Hi Ellie

I just got my EyeX last week - i haven't spent much time on it yet - i'll report back in a few weeks !! - I use a Lenovo thinkpad and Windows 10.

Re iTracker - it still works pretty well with limited head control. I can still use it in bed with my head pinned to my pillow. I use a very adjustable laptop table:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lavolta-Erg...s=laptop+table

The AAT game is not great with to many vested interests - so entry level kit like iTracker gets ignored as there's no money to be made !!

Calum

Thanks Calum.
    If I can be of any help with your EyeX, just ask...

Ellie x.

Hi Calum,

Just wondering how are you getting on with the EyeX?

Ellie.