Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ebay

Thank you Rachel for your efforts and sorting out the reason why eBay can't raise a dispute;

I do think that ebay have the information, are right people and should be able to sort things out like this or atleast try.

I have looked at the Paypal dispute procedure and find that very confusing, as it looks as if I might need a fraud report. I will have a look again later and try to log a dispute.

Regards Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

I have opened a PayPal dispute.

I will keep you informed.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Hi Terry
    Go into paypal, on lefthand side, resolve a problem in the resolution centre, next window dispute a transaction, that brings up what you bought, now touch the circle on the left side of the transaction, then go to bottom of page that says continue, next page, tick the circle I have a problem with an item I purchased and then press continue, next page, tick box that says Item not as described, then next page tick box saying incomplete missing parts that prevent item being used, on same page , use dropdown box tick other physical goods, and press done. On same page, type message to seller and list what parts are missing or broken, below that tick the box to say Iwould like a full refund enter value, press continue, go through the process and escalate it to a full claim. They wont accept photographs or emails, so just be exact what is missing or not working.
    Hope this makes sense ( I don't have a clue what I have just typed but my husband dictated it to me), the process can take a while to esolve but you need to go through the process.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I have opened a PayPal dispute.

I will keep you informed.

Love Terry
    Glad to know you have started a dispute with PayPal Terry .. as I stated earlier eBay is full of small print that gets them out of a straighting out of a problem etc etc etc .. PayPal is the only way to go in your case ..
    Hope it will get sorted soon but at times it can take a little time ..
    Dvd
    Last edited by Dvd; 2nd August 2016 at 14:56.

Thanks Stanley and Dvd.

I did email PayPal asking them how and they did quickly reply with a very similar instruction.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Let's hope you get some joy from Pay Pal Terry.

I've used E Bay a fair bit and all was well until I purchased a Pressalit wall shower seat which came without the special fixing bolts, on contacting the seller I got very little satisfaction, he eventually ignored my messages. As luck would have it the manufacturer could not have been more helpful and sent me some direct from Denmark. I ended up leaving neutral feedback as he didn't actually say that the bolts were included although considering it is supposed to be fixed to the wall I don't know what use it would be without them.

Cheers,

John

Quote Originally Posted by John14 View Post
    Let's hope you get some joy from Pay Pal Terry.

I've used E Bay a fair bit and all was well until I purchased a Pressalit wall shower seat which came without the special fixing bolts, on contacting the seller I got very little satisfaction, he eventually ignored my messages. As luck would have it the manufacturer could not have been more helpful and sent me some direct from Denmark. I ended up leaving neutral feedback as he didn't actually say that the bolts were included although considering it is supposed to be fixed to the wall I don't know what use it would be without them.

Cheers,

John
    Hi John .. that's the problem with Ebay and on line buying .. one assumes when you buy something that needs fixing to a surface that all bits and pieces come with it .. not the case as you found out as well as hundreds of others .. some sellers buy items that are not complete as they get them at rock bottom prices then they sell on line making a big profit ..when a buyer sees an item on line for sale they never expect it to have no fixing parts included .. like yourself after receiving the seat with no fixing screws .. checking it out to see the sale did not include fixing screws ..
    It happens a lot you need to contact the buyer if in doubt before buying or else head down the high street where you could return in .. we all live and learn by our mistakes
    Dvd

I do always ask lots of questions so I know what's included and that it is complete and working properly. This guy probably did not know what the chair done, but I did ask if it stands up and lays down as it should. He answered that it all works as it should.

Anyway, claim still waiting for his first reply that is due before the 13th.

Fingers crossed, love Terry

Once again I am flabbergasted;

The seller had up to the 12th to state his case, and they stated " PayPal requests more information from the seller to resolve the issue. If the seller doesn't respond within 10 days, we close the case and restore funds to the rightful owner."

He didn't reply at all.

I just got this message from paypal:-

We've completed our review and unfortunately are not able to decide this case in your favor.
    We are unable to take any action on this case because it is not covered under PayPal Purchase Protection.

Why! I lodged a dispute, paypal raised it straight to a claim and now they tell me it's not covered.

Crazy!!!

Confused or what, Terry

I guess they have deemed it to be a:- "anything you buy in person" the same sort of reason that eBay said and to try here???

Items Not Covered
    Items like real estate, motorised vehicles (of any kind), custom-made items, industrial machinery (for manufacturing), prepaid cards, or items that violate our policies, anything you buy in person, or money transfers to friends or family.

??? Might be classed as a motorised vehicle. Who knows