Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ebay

Forum Member
    Terry, I definitely think you should contact your local newspaper about this shoddy treatment (from the unscrupulous seller, eBay and PayPal) and Trading Standards. The item was not fit for purpose.

Forum Member
    Terry
    I would defo. appeal the decision, although it is motorised, it is not a vehicle, it is a disability aid.
    Good luck
    Staney

I think that maybe Mnda will have to ring them up, like they did to eBay, and find out why as I don't think that I can appeal online.

So much small print and none of it explains why.

The large print says that I will get money and delivery costs back.

Looks like small claims court but I've no idea and it's so hard for disabled people that can't talk to get somewhere and put their case across and get the forms filled in right etc.

The seller told me that he has changed address and no longer lives there, so I don't even know where to send papers etc.
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi Terry,

There is an official PayPal UK Community website where queries are answered by PayPal.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...munity/ct-p/UK

They've live chat Wednesdays 4-6p.m. No idea if it'd get you anywhere!

Are you on Twitter? No company likes a public complaint and @PayPal has 403k followers, @AskPayPal has 126k followers.

xx Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Thanks Ellie;

I'll just moan here, I'm feed up of going around in circles. Not on face book, twitter, etc.

I was going to make a personnel complaint as he is just showing the same address after telling me that he no longer lives there, but it is all so hard and I guess eBay and Paypal are on the sides of unscrupulous sellers.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Rachel is again trying to find out why my claim has not be accepted.

Might be harder as it is a bank account.

Thanks, Terry

Thanks again Rachel;

I have tried to email them but I guess that, if they answer they will say phone up. I really don't want to involve my wife as she knows little about eBay and Paypal and will get aggravated.

Love Terry

So Paypal have the same rules as eBay;

Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding PP-004-999-528-265.

Unfortunately, PayPal Purchase Protection does not cover this claim.

Items that are picked up in person, or items where the buyer arranges pick up and delivery, with a shipping company, are not covered by PayPal Purchase Protection.

I best not say what I think, but it is sad that they didn't even look at the evidence and try to seek justice

Forum Member
    Well Terry looks like you may have reached the end of the road on this one, did you leave negative feedback on this seller, was he an individual or a company? Do you want to name and shame the so and so?

Cheers,

John

More salt into a deep wound;

Recently, you opened a case for EVERCARE GENIE POWER WHEELCHAIR. We also received the Feedback you left for the transaction, but it's been removed from the seller's Feedback Profile because of a recent decision on the case.

You can always view the case details in the Resolution Centre or learn more about eBay Feedback policies.

He is a business seller.