Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What gets you through the days?

Hi becky, I never realised you had lost your dad aswell,, it really is difficult, my and my brother and sisters had a bbq today on the decking, and I knew if dad was here he would have joined us also, it's just so strange without him here, so I feel your pain, anytime you want a blether feel free ..... Katrina x

Hi Katrina x thanks for your kind reply. I took a little break from here. Yes I lost my dad a while ago now, but it all happened so quickly I guess I never had time to get used to it, before he was gone. I'm sorry about your dad too. Likewise, any time you want to talk
    tc xxx Becky

Hi becky, I've been struggling the last few days, I feel so strange, can't describe the feeling, the more time that goes on the worse in starting to feel as I just wish I could hear dads voice or just see him one more time, I've got a few videos of him but it's not the same as the real thing,, some times I'm not too bad then in the same day I can feel so angry at how unfair it is,, does it get any easier?,,,, chat or pm me anytime also ,.. Katrina x

Forum Member
    Hi Becky/Kat,
    This is just so hard isn't it. Ten months now since I lost dad and I think about him every day. This time of year it's even tougher with Christmas coming up, it being a year since we found out and him starting to deteriorate. I have good days and bad but even on the good days I feel guilty. Keeping busy and having things to look forward to definitely help. I'm going to an mnd winter ball in November so it will be good to meet people in the same boat and have a chat, at the same time raising some funds. I hope you're both ok. Not sure about you but I imagine weird things....like when clouds look like things I think its dad making them, or when I see planes in the sky I think it's dad having fun up there as he loved flying. All crazy stuff I know!!! These weird things help though. And you do get to live with it somehow. Big hugs xxx

Hi Tabby,, I think of those weird things aswell as little signs from dad,, I also has a dream with him in it and the dream felt so real, I'm sure he came to visit me in it, I just wanted the dream to last longer or to have another one like that,, I know not a lot of people don't believe in spiritualists but my sister went to see one and she knew so much stuff that it wasn't possible to know, so I'm going to see her soon,, I'm also going on holiday with mum, my partner, my son, brother and his wife, anything to keep busy,, where is the winter ball tabby?,, do you need to have tickets for it?.. I'd be interested in going to something like that me meeting people in same situation, who are you going with?,, Katrina x

Forum Member
    Hi Kat, glad I'm not the only one who has these weird things. I dream about dad a lot too, yes it does feel like they come to visit. Glad you're keeping busy. Where are you off to? The ball is near Manchester, going with a friend. I'm sure there's things like that near you? I discovered it on my local mnd Site/Facebook page. Did you set up a tribute fund? X

Forum Member
    P.s how's your mum coping? X

Hi, we're of to Costa adeje, can't wait to get away to some warmer weather,, I've never really looked for these things to go to, maybe there is one closer, mums not too bad considering? We all have our good and bad days ... Katrina x

Hi Katrina x Maybe it does get a little easier or maybe we find different ways to cope with it. I'm not sure. I've had lucid dreams about my dad and other unusual experiences, which make it seem like he's still around. It helps to think he's not completely gone. Hope you enjoyed your holiday xxx Becky

Hoping I won't have endless panic attacks and what I call my little bits