Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dave - I haven't forgotten you folk

I can imagine walking along a sandy beach with a fresh breeze after fish and chips Dave;

That will get rid of the cob webs and liven you up.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hope you enjoyed the fish and chips, I tend to go for fish cake these days as less risk with bones and I can mash it up

Forum Member
    Reading your, replies and chats give me some hope of moving on, I will never move on without my wife still walking beside me in my thoughts, keeping occupied and being in contact with friends is now my priority as I am not good at being alone, it is a difficult path after the intensity (and privilege) of being my wife's full time carer for so long before she died. The void left without her and the sunshine, love support and courage she showed to the end is something I can never replace. What I can do is maintain her pride in our new house she loved and was so comfortable in. So following her favourite saying to me "get a grip" ( I see it ever time I look at her photo!) get the house tidy, finish the ironing then out in the garden to do battle with the mountain of leafs. Shower and change then meet some friends for a meal. Yes rambling on I maybe but if some of you lovely people can move on then I have to do the same.
    Peter

Good evening, no, morning Peter...

I do apologise for the delay in getting back, I have not given up on this forum, just took time out to get a job then walk out of it a month later, long story.....

I hope this finds you in a better position than back in November, yes it is hard but we do have to move on, I have and in more ways than I thought I would have.

Never a day goes past without some smell, picture, word or thought that brings Julie back to me but as you say, we have to move on... Each day does get easier, it's just the days that we lay idle that the memories come flooding back to us, well does me anyway.

Keeping busy is the key that I have found, no matter what it is, doing something, anything has helped me, not forget but to escape the memories, good and bad.

So, here's hoping that you can move on and rebuild your life as I am doing and remember... It's your life now, what you do with it is entirely up to you, no matter what other folk might think... We all only get one life.

Take care mate.

Dave X

It is a shame that the job did not work out Dave,

Where are you now with work etc.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi Terry...

I'm in-between jobs at the moment, well I am not working nor claiming any benefits... I decided to go down the HGV1 driving route again. I have reinstated my HGV 1 licence (now classified as CE) which is on my normal driving licence, not as before where the HGV licence was a separate licence (Show's how long I have not driven lol) and have paid for and sent off for my digital tachograph with the DVLA, still waiting for that to arrive. Then all I have to do is sit a CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) course which I will take in the New Year.

Once all the above has been completed I will be able to drive HGV's again on the road... This pays double if not triple the wages of being a warehouse picker and not being treated like a battery hen either...

So, things are looking up on the work front...

Dave X

Forum Member
    Yes Dave, keeping busy is my only way of coping and trying to move on, am considering getting a part time job as this will keep me busy and help with the loneliness, (money would come in handy as well)!!
    Night times are a major problem with sleeping so fragmented that I get only a few hours each night and like now at 2am I am still awake, maybe I should make that job a night shift one. Any way enough of my rambling (although writing on the forum beats talking to myself)! And I get sensible answers.
    You are right keeping busy and getting out and about is the best route to moving on and to regain a purpose in life so onwards and upwards, wishing you and all on the forum some sunshine appearing from behind that black and gloomy cloud.
    Peter