Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave - I haven't forgotten you folk

Great news Dave .

Thank you 'lorret'

At last I may get back to some sort of normality as it has been over 2 years since I worked for a living...

The Job...

OK, don't get too excited... I'm a 'warehouse operative' for ASOS the 'One-Stop Fashion Destination... OK I'm Picking and packing and loading and unloading... lol

I Start... Next week I think. I am waiting for the email containing the info, should get it this afternoon.

I am on Days (Doughnut shift) meaning I get Wednesdays and Sundays off. I chose this. It breaks the week up a bit. I could have chosen straight days for the Weekends off but didn't fancy that or I could have chosen nights for an extra £2 an hour which I thought about but decided not to go for as money has very little relevance now even though I am as broke as broke can be but there is tons of overtime (double time) through November and December too... Beats sleeping at home or boredom shopping as I have done of late.

Maybe I can restart my life again with a simple job.... Heck, someone has to do it.

Dave X

Forum Member
    Well done Dave on getting a job first go.It may be a simple job but getting back onto the workplace meeting new people from all walks of life getting to feel one of the crew and joining in the workplace banter .All good for reviving life.I had to give up working in a supermarket in March this year once my voice had almost gone. I don't miss driving 150 miles a week ,dealing with rude customers but I do miss the hustle and bustle and the chit chat with customers and workmates.Wishing you all the best for your new life.You deserve it.xx

Thanks 'alfies mum'

I know that I have to show my happiness for carers that have travelled along my path but I do understand that there is another side to the story, those that have MND that will never get better.

My heart stills go out to folk with MND and for every carer... and as my (this) thread states, I will never forget no matter what happens, never, ever...

I needed a break, I had a break, Now I am back in the workforce but I am still here for those carers and the most unfortunate folk that have MND &/or/with Dementia.

I would love to be an advocate... Once I start work, get my life back then I want to do exactly as this thread is called.

I want, no would, like to be there for everyone.

I hope this makes sense.

Dave X

Hi Dave;

Good to hear from you and pleased that you soon have a start at work so you can move on a bit.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

So glad for you.
    Wendy

Good on you Dave. I hope you make new friendships in the workplace. I so miss the camaraderie having retired 5 years early but hey ho I am determined to collect my state pension next year. Please stay in touch as your experience is so valuable.

Regards
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    That's great news.......really pleased for you!😀 Wishing you good luck and happiness as you start your new journey xx

Forum Member
    Good luck with the new job Dave, you will get plenty of exercise the place is massive and I bet that they will keep you pretty busy, keep us posted on how you get on. John

Forum Member
    That's great news Dave, nlooking forward to hearing more.