Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burning throat

jay jay

Burning throat

Hi all over the last 2 or 3 days I've had a horrible burning sensation in my throat and very occasionly a little in my chest.was wondering if any one else as had this and is it another symptom of mnd.
    Best wishes
    Jen

Not a symptom I've heard of Jen.

Can you rule out throat/tonsil infections and reflux?

I'd always recommend seeing your GP for strange symptoms, don't put everything down to MND!

Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Nor me Jen;

But as the Chimp says, it could be acid reflux. I do now get more reflux but don't get any burning feeling.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Candle
    I have posted abou this previously as mum too complained of a burning sensation in various parts of her body including the throat. I believe it was related to MND as it seemed to affect the area next compromised. There's such a difference in everyone's experience of MND but all the same it would be worth asking your doctor if it's just plain old throat trouble.

Kernowcluck
    I get acid reflux is well and that feels like a burning sensation in my throat-never had it before and I understand it's a symptom of MND. While we're on the subject of weird sensations I get a real cold feeling inside although I may feel warm to touch it's almost like an inside shiver and I can get it anywhere - usually only lasts for five seconds or so. I also get the feeling of ice cold water dripping down my legs and I put that down to nerves playing tricks on me.

Candle
    I've had a sensation of cold or wetness down one leg occasionally and left a meeting once as I thought I'd sat on something nasty! I never saw a doctor but read it can be something interfering with nerve pathways.

Maithly16
    It may be the cause of acid reflux. You should consult with a physician and take prescribed medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by jay jay View Post
    Hi all over the last 2 or 3 days I've had a horrible burning sensation in my throat and very occasionly a little in my chest.was wondering if any one else as had this and is it another symptom of mnd.
    Best wishes
    Jen
    Hiya Jen,, my dad used to get this, so they gave him lanzoprazole as they thought it might be reflux as his stomach wasn't as good at coping with the amount of food/feed as once before. He sometimes got this burning feeling right before he got a cold/chest infection aswell. Maybe it could be either of those things.... Katrina x

Hi Jen,

If acid reflux is the problem then liquid gaviscon worked for me before resorting to lanzoprazole. You need to be able to swallow a rather large capsule but it may be available in liquid form.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

jay jay
    Hi guys
    Thankyou for all your replays.just seen gp and she thinks I've got a throat infection so now got antibiotics and she also prescribed gaviscon liquid as she said could be a bit of reflux as I've only just started pump feed overnight.So I will take the meds and see how we go
    Jen