Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stem cell treatment for mnd

Hi Margaret;

Also the Mnda have some visitors, give Mnda connect ring.

The hospices generally have a few of us in, they are worth contacting as they do provide support and help to live his life better.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Hi Margaret,
    My late husband was treated with stem cell in Zurich. He was one of the champion patient until he lost too much weight and was too proud to have PEG installed until it was too late. I looked at the website of the clinic and it is still exist however I am not sure if they still do the stem cell treatment.
    http://www.seegartenklinik.de/index.php/en/
    Good luck

Hi Bulejowo;

Did your husband find that he improved in anyway after the stem cell treatment and what was involved?

I know of someone else with Mnd that went to Zurich. Despite them going on TV and reporting that it helped, it never did and the family were trying to boost her up. I'm afraid that she died about a year later.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member

Stemcell

Hi Margaret, I was diagnosed last October with ALS and had stemcell treatment in November. I also had a second treatment last month. They say 3-6 months before you see anything but so far nothing but my hair and beard growing quicker!!! I will keep you informed if I see any improvement.
    Good luck to you and your husband x