Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still here in the background

Still here in the background

Just popping in to say "Hello" to those of you who I knew and to the (too many!) newbies.
    I'd like you to know that I still think of you all but just haven't been able to face reading the Forum lately in fact reading through recent posts had me in tears.

Nothing's changed has it? Brave people are still struggling along and the poor "newbies" and their loved ones (who my heart goes out to) are being overwhelmed with the biggest shock of their lives.
    The GOOD thing that hasn't changed is the tremendous support everyone gives to each other ... long may this forum last ... but hopefully ONE DAY it won't be necessary. That would be so wonderful wouldn't it?

Things are so very different without my Trevor. I'm trying to get involved in this and that but life has lost it's sparkle. There's not a day that goes by without me missing him or being reminded of one of his funny little ways. He was a "one off" to be sure and he taught me to love again.
    MND gave Trevor and me some challenges, practical, emotional and with our relationship but we battled through. He was a brave soldier and still managed some humour nearly to the end.

Anyhow folks, I wish you all, patients and carers alike, the best that can be offered to you.
    Take offers of help with both hands and cherish your loved ones and friendships.

Carers ... don't be ashamed to admit that you need help. This is a tough job even when it's done in great love. Look after yourself then you can look after your loved one easier .. no need to make this any more difficult than it is. It's not selfish to ask for or accept help.

Patients ... it must be so very hard for you but don't forget to say "Thank you". You and your loved one (if you a lucky enough to have one) are in this together.

I'll look in again before long.
    Love to you all, Nettie

Much love to you Nettie, you were truly a great carer for Trevor xxx

Nettie, how good to hear from you and what a lovely post!!!

I think of you and dear Trevor often. I hope you're doing as well as you can.

Love Ellie x.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hi Nettie, it's great to hear from you. Lorret

Kernowcluck
    Hi Nettie, that was a lovely post and good to hear from you again. You must be feeling awfully empty without Trevor. Having lost both a husband and a partner I can empathise with you. Life will never be completely the same again but it does go on and you learn to live again albeit a little differently.

A big box of hugs for you and look after yourself XX

mags55
    Hi nettle
    Lovely to hear from you,
    You always gave good advice, so keep peeking in.
    Look after yourself
    Mags xx

Hi Nettie;

I remember some hard times you/me had and your struggles. I do really admire you and Trevor especially your openness.

Hope that you can continue to help us in your own way.

Much love, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi Nettie

Good to hear from you again!

Love, Dave..

WendyWooG
    Ahh Nettie
    Lovely to hear from you. Warm hugs
    Wendy xx

ccinjersey
    Beautifully said Nettie.

Be well, stay well, and stay in touch you have been missed.

xox