Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Flu Jab 2016

Forum Member
    I had mine yesterday and other than a "heavy"arm last evening no reaction

Forum Member
    I had mine yesterday too and have no reaction at all so far - it could be a bit early to say though!

It is a bit soon Susan;

But it does look quite promising.

Thanks for everyone posting on this thread, it is very useful to know.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi Terry ..Michael had his flu jab and a pneumonia jab at the same time 3 weeks ago .. no reaction .
    Dvd
    Last edited by Dvd; 30th October 2016 at 23:04.

Forum Member
    Hi Dvd

I don't have osteoarthritis, but my whole body ached with the flu symptoms I was experiencing. Couldn't tell you if it was related to your flu shot, but I know mine definitely was.

xox

Forum Member
    I had my flu jab yesterday, the District Nurse came to see me at home and I had no reaction whatsoever. When I was diagnosed last year my GP rang me to tell me that he was registering me as a priority patient this allows me to order medication over the phone, get appointments more easily and home visits when needed for jabs, blood or consultations. I don't know if this applies to all GP's surgeries but it is worth asking if any such scheme operates in your area. Tomorrow I have arranged for a mobile hairdresser to come and visit me at home for a short back and sides, something that I have not done before but each visit to the barbers this year has been more and more difficult and now I have decided to take an easier route, although it is a shame to see things that you used to do without a second thought being stripped away. Snip, Snip, Snip as the poet once featured here once put it so eloquently.

John

Hi all,

I had the flu jab five days ago and I am pleased to say that I am OK.

But I did think that I was tired and my movement was poor in the afternoon after it. My wife also felt extra tired after hers in the afternoon.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Hi, I just searched for a flu jab thread. My husband who has had a heart bypass got a text from the GP today saying that he is eligible for a flu jab 2017 and to please call and arrange it. They haven't texted me. There again, they haven't made any contact with me since my diagnosis! I assume I should have a flu jab? I think I read somewhere about a pneumonia jab - does anyone know anything about that?
    Thanks,
    Bern

Hi Bern,

Yes, you both should get the annual flu jab. It's usually given from Sept/Oct, before the start of the "flu season", but some GPs may have it now?

The pneumonia vaccine is a once-off vaccine (except for some people with an immune issue) and you should get this jab too.

Ellie x.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Thanks Ellie. I thought it was early but his text definitely says they have it.
    Bern x