Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does this forum mean to you?

Question What does this forum mean to you?

Hello All

We are looking to produce an informative board promoting our care forum for those living with motor neurone disease. It will be used at our Regional and Annual Conferences where we will ensure people are aware of this platform.

We want more people affected to join the amazing community you have all contributed to. In order to do this, we'd love some quotes from you on what this forum and community means to you.

All comments made will be anonymous on the board. Thank you very much for your help,

Jay
    Forum Administrator

Forum Member
    It not only helps to share our grief but some of the answers on the forum do give us different ways of coping with the grief and questions we need to share, the similarity show that our pain and fear is suffered by so many others, in our dark and lonely moments the forum is an outlet to talk about them 24/7.and takes some of that Ioneliness away.
    Bless you all, keep sharing.
    Peter

It's comforting to know that no matter what you are feeling, no matter how silly a problem is, someone on here will get it. Someone will understand.
    Wendy

Forum Member
    It is my mum who has mnd. For me this forum has helped me to understand what's happening to her, how to make sure she gets what she needs and be prepared as possible for next stages. It has helped me to recognise my dads emotional roller coaster as well as taking time to adapt myself. Booklets and leaflets are great, but talking to people who are living and experiencing it can't not be beaten!

"No matter how much you hear from the health professionals, there is vastly more experience of daily living with MND from our friends on this forum. You will find empathy, friendship and support so come and join us and you won't regret it".

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    When you are at your lowest, there is someone there, even well into the night.

Forum Member
    This forum provides a tremendous amount of friendship, support, comfort, advice, knowledge, wisdom, understanding, kindness, compassion, empathy, and laughter often when needed most by a community of wonderful giving, and caring people.

CCxox

Thank you all for your responses, they've been fantastic and we will love sharing them with other people.

Thanks again, Jay.

Hi Jay;

An ex Mnd person and a dear friend once posted:-

The forum is still the best sorce for friendship and information.
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    It works on so many different levels. Advice from those who have "been there, got the T shirt"' those who can point out where to get more info, encouragement to those who are unsure about taking an unknown courses of action, emotional support and just being a point of contact for many who do not wish to post. Plus for all the reasons already mentioned.