Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave - I haven't forgotten you folk

Dave - I haven't forgotten you folk

I still read a lot here on the forum, I nearly replied to a message today but it's too raw right now to give any ' Wise Words of Wisdom'...

I am still thinking of you all...

Dave X

Let us know what you are doing and planning Dave;

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    I understand, nice to hear from you though. John

Stay in touch Dave and let us know what you are up to.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Thank you friends...

It's been just a little over 3 weeks since Julie's passing and the worst part, which might seem selfish, is the loneliness, I am not coping too well with that, it's so quiet at home now coupled with the fact that I am not getting out too much is not helping either... But, I suppose I will get used to that...

I have spent the last couple of days going through all our / my photo albums, we / I have a lot of them and I made up three 2 foot x 1.5 foot glass photo frames of all the best photo's I could find, not just of Julie but of my family going back to my Mum's Father to present day and made 3 lovely collages for my home walls.

I have managed to change my name on the rent book from a joint tenancy to just myself, I still have to wait and see if I can still live here now that Julie has passed, I do not know how long this will take and / or / if / when I will know if ever. I just keep my fingers crossed that I will not get turfed out into a single bed-roomed flat...

I have thrown on the sick for 2 months so that I can start looking for a job and if I get one then I can get taken off the 'sick note' at least I £70 a week coming in now rather than nothing but on saying that I have to pay the dreaded 'bedroom tax', so I get about fifty quid a week to live on, so, my stocking up on 2 freezers over the past few months has paid off as I am quite literally living out of my two freezers right now.

There was so much to do, legally, after Julie's passing, more than I ever imagined, it's not the end at the end, not by a long shot... Anyway, I have all the loose ends tied up now so I can look forward to doing something to take my mind of things, what?... I have no idea as I write this.

Anyway, that's my update...

Dave X

It takes time Dave,
    When you are ready, but only when you are ready I think going back to work will be good for you. Interacting with people even just work acquaintances will ease the loneliness.
    Wendy x

Morning Wendy... Cannot sleep either Eh!

I am ready, more than ready to go back to work, If not only for the money but for the company that may bring by working.

I actually miss 'caring', I know this sounds daft but it is true. I am still going to the MNDA (Rotherham) meeting on Wednesday 14th September 2016 (I've only been once before), Why? I have no idea but I am pulled into going... I remember my first meeting back in March 2016 (I ran away from), The second meeting, June 2016, I attended, which is was my first attendance.

I am still fingers and thumbs right now. Julie's side of the family have gone now, I am over that, totally... It is about me and building a life for myself now... However, I still miss caring...

Dave X

It's not surprising you miss it, it has been a huge part of your life for a while and your experience of it is all tied up with memories of a dearly loved one.
    It's good that you are going to the meeting. Making contact with people always a good thing.
    Wendy

Hi Wendy...

Yes, it been a huge part of my life for what seems like a decade, well, in reality, it was I suppose...

Hero to zero in an instant, I don't mean that flippantly, It's like having a job that you love (and hate at the same time) to be told the next day, when you go into work, that you are being laid off with immediate effect (no notice).

I still worry about all the folk that have MND, like yourself, life must be so hard so I have to stop moaning about my side of things as I am here and at the end of the day life goes on.

I so much want to get into the caring roll, to support sufferers (is that the correct terminology?) and carers alike... First hand knowledge is better than any degree (or whatever they call it today) (old school me)...

I am still thinking on those lines right now but have no idea how to get started... Maybe, if anyone knows how then they could share this info with me because looking for a job right now is not the same as when I looked for a Job back in the early 90's (I were self employed for 23 years (1991-2014) and do not want to go down that road again)

Dave X
    Last edited by Dave K; 9th September 2016 at 02:31.

Forum Member
    Hi Dave,
    When you feel ready, and that may take a while, NHS Choices gives some advice on returning to work after caring and Carers UK site also has some useful advice around getting back into employment. My IT skills are'nt great but hope the links work!
    It's a difficult time, I know as I'm there myself - thinking of you and sending a hug Paula x

http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-adv...nto-employment

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/social-...s-a-carer.aspx