Thread: Symposium Live

Symposium Live

It's the MND Association's International Symposium next week.

We've picked 10 popular themes and produced videos and text explaining how they can impact all people affected by MND. Check them out here www.mndassociation.org/symposiumlive.

The Symposium is a chance for ALS/MND researchers from around the world to collaborate and share their findings in a hope to finding a cause, treatments and ultimately a cure for motor neurone disease.

Today is the iMNDA (Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association) and the International Alliance of ALS/MND Associations afternoon with three experts in the field of ALS/MND care and research.

The event takes place between 14:30 - 16:30 and you can watch and ask questions live. Visit asktheexpert.webcastlive.co.uk.

For more information, please download this programme or visit the iMNDA website.

I watched this yesterday and really enjoyed the presentation about stem cells "the hope and the hype". The presenter was excellent and the clear message was that trials to date are encouraging but there are a number of businesses around the world making false claims to extract money from desperate patients.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

It's the second day of our International Symposium.

We've had over 1000 visitors to our Symposium Live page which sums up 10 subjects that will be discussed at the conference. You can take a look for yourself - click here.

Follow live up to the minute updates via Twitter - click here.

Hello All

Now the Symposium is over, we'd love to know what you all thought of our new Symposium Live webpage?

Did you find it useful? Did you learn anything new about MND research? Was it easy to navigate?

Any comments would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Jay
    Forum Admin

Forum Member
    I think it's encouraging, and comforting to know that there are actually brilliant doctors, scientists, and researchers out there truly dedicated to finding a treatment/cure because it seems this illness is pretty much left in the dark, and what I had always thought, left behind.

I also think it's great that mnda has this link available for those that need, and want to stay in the know, and updated on whatever progress is being made.

I'm also curious to know though why the medication Nuedexta for emotional liability that is available here for people with ALS is not available in UK for people experiencing emotional liability as well, and also need it ???

People who are living with this illness shouldn't have to be the ones 'fighting' for medications they desperately need, and that are actually available to help alleviate some of the symptoms.

I believe the cure/treatment is coming too, but I also believe not fast enough for those here, and now that need it the most.

xox
    Last edited by ccinjersey; 15th December 2016 at 01:09.