Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time on Forum

Forum Member

First time on Forum

This is my first time on forum. My husband who is 57 was diagnosed with MND a month ago I feel devastated and in shock. He has severe muscle wastage in his hand and arm but the diagnosis was a shock. The scary bit is not knowing how it will progress. He is finishing work Asaph, I have no idea what to do, any advice

Forum Member
    Hi Poppy
    You will find lots of good advice on this forum from a group of people who understand. My husband was diagnosed 5 years ago and although we have had some rough times he is still here and still smiling.
    If help is offered take it, that has been my big mistake thinking that I can do this all myself. We try and enjoy every day and appreciate the time we have.
    Jo xx

Forum Member
    Hi Poppy my heart goes out to you, my husband was diagnosed Oct 16 I know how you feel it's such a shock I couldn't eat , sleep all I did was cry for 2 weeks but it does get easier I promise you . Take each day at a time that's what we do , my husband is still working he is fighting it . This forum is great for asking questions some lovely people on here. Xx

Forum Member
    I am so sorry Poppy. This forum is fantastic every time you have a question. There are some really lovely people on here. Have you got an OT, physiotherapist and other professionals in place yet? It really helps when you feel a team is supporting you. But it may too early at the moment.

No one knows how the disease will progress as it is different for everyone. It is hard to do but try and take one day at a time and enjoy each as far as you can.

Hi Poppy
    Welcome to the forum, so sorry you have to be here but you will find lots of advice and support. Give yourself time to absorb and recover from the shock it takes a while.
    One bit of advice I would suggest is to keep a notebook handy, as questions occur to you write them down. When you get advice and detail from your doctor write it down too. i had a number of appointments in the early days which I couldn't remember at all as things were such a numb blur.

Wendy x

Forum Member
    Welcome Poppy

Sorry to hear of your husband's recent diagnosis. Can only express the same as the others have said, you have found the right place for much support, advice, comfort and friendship by a group of wonderful people that understand what you, and your family are experiencing. Wishing you, and your husband the very best in the days ahead.

CCxx

Welcome Poppy,

We are here when you need us. The forum is the best part of the MNDA as we all understand what we are dealing with.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Thanks to all for support and advice, a day at a time it is !

Hi Poppy and welcome to the forum;

It is quite normal to be all over the place for one or two months after the diagnoses.

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Poppy,

Yes I agree with all comments. I have been diagnosed for nearly 3 years now and just getting on with life.

Make sure you get a good contact at the MNDA. They are a great organisation, and this forum is brilliant.

You will be all over the place currently, but please fight on.

In some strange way, I am more content now than I have been for many many years.

Best wishes
    Lee