Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time on Forum

Hi Poppy, as you have found from the above, the forum is filled with people all anxious to help. I am the one with MND and what gets me through the day is to remember what I can still do rather than what I can't. There are lots emotions along the way and you need a rant nobody minds. Build a team around you and an Occupational Therapist OT, is a great help. Don't be frightened to accept help and if you can Plan ahead before you need things so much the better. In what area do you live. Best wishes Ann x

Forum Member
    Hi, this is my first time on here. I care for my mom who was diognosed with mnd on November the 10th, everything is all still up in the air and new, I thought joining the forum would help me by speaking to others.

Forum Member
    Welcome Sammyjojo

Sorry for your Mom's diagnosis. You found the right place for much support, advice, and knowledge by a group of wonderful people. Wishing you, and your Mom all the best in the days ahead.

CCxx

Hi Sammy and welcome to the forum;

Sorry to hear about your Mom, every thing will be up in the air for a while.

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Hi Sammy sorry to hear about your mum ,welcome to the forum you will get a lot of information here Ali xx

Forum Member
    Welcome
    I found calling the mnda and registering my mums details for the information pack and getting contact number for an association visitor was a great starting point. My mum needed aids to help her around the house, so I called adult social services. They did a quick assessment over the phone and things arrived quick. Having a good GP helps. This forum has been the best for advice. If you write a brief summary in your profile it can be helpful for people to get to know you better and as you check others you will find people with similar symptoms ect
    Your thoughts and emotions will be all over the place, let people help. It's important to talk, I found it hard to talk things through with family, trying to be the brave one, it made me ill. The forum is great because everyone understands. You can always private message people if you don't want to share with all.
    Best wishes nicky

Forum Member
    Thank you so much x

Forum Member
    Thank you very much for you're reply x