Thread: Excercise floor pedals

Excercise floor pedals

Has anyone ever used one of these floor pedal excercisers ..Just ordered one for Michael as his legs / walking has changed ..Thought this might help to strengthen the muscles in his legs.
    Dvd

Screenshot_20170202-134636~01.jpg
    Last edited by Dvd; 2nd February 2017 at 15:00.

I used a pedal exerciser. It was bulkier/heavier than that one but did the same job (loaned by hospice). I can't tell from the pic; does it have adjustable pedal resistance?

Quote Originally Posted by Dvd View Post
    ..Thought this might help to strengthen the muscles in his legs.
    Don't expect Michael to gain any strength, that's the nature of the beast but gentle exercise is good for the joints.
    The fact he can sit in a supportive chair and use them, rather than use an exercise bike, is a big bonus.
    I never used it for my arms as they were too weak.

Good for him!

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    I used a pedal exerciser. It was bulkier/heavier than that one but did the same job (loaned by hospice). I can't tell from the pic; does it have adjustable pedal resistance?

Don't expect Michael to gain any strength, that's the nature of the beast but gentle exercise is good for the joints.
    The fact he can sit in a supportive chair and use them, rather than use an exercise bike, is a big bonus.
    I never used it for my arms as they were too weak.

Good for him!

Love Ellie.
    Hi Ellie
    Yes it has ajustable pedal resistance
    I might cycle down on it someday to see you ..Wonder how long it would take me ? Must remember to bring my passport or I might not get through customs lol lol
    Hope you are well ..
    Dvd xx

Forum Member
    Hi my wife is using one and she is very happy building up to 30 minutes very quickly. Keeps some mobility in her legs and provides a distraction when sat watching TV.

Has anyone got a motorised pedal excerciser? My physio was telling me about these today. They are quite expensive though. I'd like to try one as my legs haven't any power in them, but I like to have them moved by my husband. This way it would be something else he would be relieved of. He willingly does it for me but he does so much for me as it is!

Hi Pink,

I wonder if you need a motorised one?

I used a non-motorised one and found it did the job - I pedaled away happily, sat in my wheelchair, loving life

It had variable resistance which is important and good foot straps and floor grips - similar ones cost about 25-35.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.

As well as being good for joint mobility, static cycling can boost cardiovascular fitness for those of us who can't walk - so says my physiotherapist.

Doug