Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Excercise floor pedals

Forum Member
    I Seem to get really mixed messages about exercise and MND.

I have a floor pedal exerciser and I can just about pedal. It feels like I am doing something useful as I miss exercise and I am conscious that a sedentary lifestyle is not good for the heart and circulation. I realise that you cant regain strength in the muscles that aren't working !

However, my physio and nurse seemed to suggest I should save my strength and energy for things I want or need to do and rest is important. I cant walk but I can transfer with support and my upper body strength is ok so I thought I should be working on that.

I know that many of us cant exercise so I am sorry to bring this up.
    Love Debbie x

Hi Debbie;

It may sound silly but sometimes exercise does not mean lots of effort or that it makes you tired. If you can do something without struggling much then it could give your more energy.

I know I'm different to most but sitting in a room makes me more tired than going to the gym. If you can get out and about, doing something, even people watching.

Pink;

I had thought about getting a powered peddle machine but wondered what would happen if my legs locked up or were very slow moving, especially with the cheaper models. I too would have to get my feet strapped on with probably three fixings.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Thanks Terry,

I am fortunate to go out most days and people watching is one of my favourite sports! I know that some exercise gives more energy and probably helps us sleep better so going to have a go!

Loud music in the car is also a real wake up and cheer up for me !

Love Debbie x

I'm going to sell my exercise bike as its hard and dangerous for me to get on and off. This was a smashing bike, no regrets buying it. When I've sold it I'm going to get a floor one. I've seen a few like the picture that DVD put up. But I've seen a more substantial one that's approx 60 when I was looking this morning. Here it is
    https://reviber.co.uk/reviber-mini-m...xoC2YkQAvD_BwE
    Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

I ordered the Reverber Mini that was in my link. Its 59.99 on that site. It was 20 more expensive on Amazon so grabbed a bargain while I can. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.

That looks quite good Lynne;

I'm tempted because it's got a good guarantee and free delivery. I would like a bigger crank so that my legs would bend more but you have to pay loads of money for them.

Love Terry

It looks good. Only problem is that I would probably lose my balance if I sat on the edge of the bed while using it, like the man in the video!

Are you going to be able to use it while you are sitting in comfort in your new riser/recliner, Lynne?

Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 8th March 2019 at 19:25.

I think so Kayleigh. I wouldn't sit on a bed to use it, or like you I'd go splat (onto the floor). Lynne

Yea I agree Terry, but cardo exercise is more important. Also if legs cannot move a lot then it'd be better. Lynne

I've ordered one, Lynne;

I'll probably have to sit in my wheelchair or maybe have a small platform made.

I have asked if I can have a VAT exemption, I doubt it but I'll let you know if we can.

Love Terry