• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    Forum Member
    • May 2012

That looks quite good Lynne;

I'm tempted because it's got a good guarantee and free delivery. I would like a bigger crank so that my legs would bend more but you have to pay loads of money for them.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Kayleigh
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2018

It looks good. Only problem is that I would probably lose my balance if I sat on the edge of the bed while using it, like the man in the video!

Are you going to be able to use it while you are sitting in comfort in your new riser/recliner, Lynne?

Kayleigh x
      Last edited by Kayleigh; 8 March 2019, 18:25.

Comment

• Lynne K
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2017

I think so Kayleigh. I wouldn't sit on a bed to use it, or like you I'd go splat (onto the floor). Lynne
        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• Lynne K
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2017

Yea I agree Terry, but cardo exercise is more important. Also if legs cannot move a lot then it'd be better. Lynne
          ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

Comment

• Terry
            Forum Member
            • May 2012

I've ordered one, Lynne;

I'll probably have to sit in my wheelchair or maybe have a small platform made.

I have asked if I can have a VAT exemption, I doubt it but I'll let you know if we can.

Love Terry
            TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Ellie
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2012

Terry, I used to sit in my wheelchair to use the pedal machine - it enabled me to use it in a good position, with good support and I didn't overstretch.

Lynne, I think you'll enjoy your pedalling, don't forget to use the reverse mode too. Pedal safely!!

Love Ellie.
              ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
              Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Terry
                Forum Member
                • May 2012

If anyone else from the forum plans to buying one of these, PM me.

Love Terry
                Last edited by Terry; 11 March 2019, 17:43.

Comment

• Lynne K
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2017

Thanks Ellie. It's being delivered tomorrow. Lynne x

Comment

• Terry
                    Forum Member
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by Lynne K View Post
                    I ordered the Reverber Mini that was in my link. Its £59.99 on that site. It was £20 more expensive on Amazon so grabbed a bargain while I can. Lynne
                    Hi;

I'm afraid that it's gone back up to £79.99 but if you tell them you have Mnd they might take the VAT off of that price. Both Lynne and I did get the VAT back so you would stand a good chance.

Mine has arrived and it seams very well made and easy to control. I thought that I would have trouble with it because my heals turn inwards and the stiffness of my legs and I do. It just switches off if the motors can't move for a couple of seconds. However I think that once they're moving it will be OK and hopefully my son can come up with something to keep my heals in line.

Love Terry

Comment

• Ellie
                      Forum Member
                      • Oct 2012

Hi TC,

Until your MacGyver son comes up with a solution, I wonder if putting a firm cushion between your thighs/knees to hold your hips open would improve alingment of your heels?

Happy pedalling.

Love Ellie.
                      ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                      Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

Working...
                      X