Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't open mouth wide enough

mags55
    Hi guys
    I've bought one, will try it out this evening. Fingers crossed.
    Anne, i will let you know how I get in with it, because you and me have very similar problems .
    I hope,I've got the right one, it's from Argos £39.99
    Thanks guys
    Mags x

alfies mum
    Hi Mags I think I will try that as well .when you said about sticky teeth it rang a bell in my head. If I take Muscodyne for thick mucus I end up with the stickiness around my teeth and gums.As I can get a sponge on a stick in and out I try to grab the mucus so it comes out in long strands rather than have it broken down.Let us know how you jet on with the jet flosserbxx

mags55
    Will do,Alfie's mum,
    You sound like me Ann.

Mags xx

mags55
    Hi all
    Just used my new jet flosser. First time I used it, it went up my nose and back of my throat, I,choked a bit. I think I gasped?
    I bent more over the sink, but I made a mess. After half a dozen attempts, I cracked it.
    What I done, I turned it on the soft option, bent over the sink, put between one tooth at a time, and turned the power button off after each squirt. My hands are very weak, I can't press any buttons but the on off button is very easy to press. I know I need more practice. Because I can't suck or spit, it's hard to rinse my mouth out, but my mouth felt fresh, although the sticky secretions are back.
    I will continue to use it and I will let you know how I get on with it.
    Thanks for the tip Barry
    Mags xx

That's great news Mags. I know it took me a while to get used to it and the full power mode can hurt your gums. It seems you have mastered the method by keeping the nossle close to your teeth and I think that after a few goes you will be able to move it tooth to tooth without switching it off.

Barry x
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Mags, I love your posts - honest & descriptive

Have you ever tried those chewable Papaya Enzyme tablets to thin that sticky gunk in your mouth?

Ellie x.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Mags, you're very trying;

Most of us would have given up after choking. You are an inspiration for some of us that can try a bit harder.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

mags55
    Hi guys
    I done better with my new jet flosser tonight and I haven't had a good rinse round my mouth for yonks, nice one Barry.
    Ellie, I do like to explain things properly, I know I go on, lol. Maybe being a receptionist and facilities for many years made me like it? I had to,get things just right, I hated making mistakes. There I go again......
    A lovely idea getting those papaya tablets but I can't chew. I let my lindor just melt in my mouth
    Terry, Mel might agree with you, I am really trying...trying his patience, lol

Mags xx