Thread: Wheelchair Assessment

Wheelchair Assessment

I had a wheelchair assessment today because I need a new standing wheelchair as the old second hand one is quite worn.

As well as supply, service and modify wheelchairs, the wheelchair service can and normally issue vouchers for you to spend towards the cost of a new chair if you need something different that they can't supply.

The amount of the voucher can vary depending on, needs, postcode and the amount of budget left that they have set aside.

Has anyone else gone down this route?

Are you due for a normal wheelchair assessment?

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

I haved standard assessment 2y ago with Provide Then now cos my condition ands needs changed, I waiting for new wchair.
    They have some good and experience people there but they so slow for actio
    Secondary my first wchair was customised by them... this take manufacturer 6mc to processid
    Fingers X for You mr.T
    Max

@@@@@@@@@

MND is stowaway on My life journey.
    Take free ride but I'M DRIVER HERE!!!!

@@@@@@@@@

Hi Max;

Hope your new one is better for you. They might provide electric leg risers if your feet and lower legs swell.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

have on this one. Problem is im tall andmy raiser is no long enough for my legs and seating base to short.
    Max

@@@@@@@@@

MND is stowaway on My life journey.
    Take free ride but I'M DRIVER HERE!!!!

@@@@@@@@@

Hi Max;

Being tall is another disability in it's self when you are disabled. Me at six foot find many things too small and uncomfortable. Wheelchairs need to be bigger, higher, meaning that you can't get under tables or see out of normal WAV cars.

Also our height makes it harder for people to care for us. I know that you are well over six foot so it's even more problems for you.

Love Terry