Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rollator

Forum Member

Rollator

I am thinking of buying a rollator so that I can become a little more mobile and sit down when tired before moving on. The physio has recommended a Troja Rollator. Does anybody have any experience of this or others. It needs to be fairly light so i can put in my car
    Thanks
    Debbie x

Hi Debbie;

I would ask your OT or the hospices OT for one as they are a thing that should be provided free. Even if you want it as a reserve. They are bulky when folded but light.

I have seen people using a Troja Rollator and they seem fine.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Hi Terry

The Physio said they no longer give them out but let you have a go and if you like them then you have to buy one.

I just thought I would ask if anybody had any good recommendations before splashing out. It is my left side which is weak right side is fine so I can manoeuvre it a bit (hopefully)

Love
    Debbie

I would ask your OT, it's a basic bit of kit to keep you safe and independent;

THe social services buy them in the thousands and they are quite cheep to them, maybe 20

Also when you get one put some weight in it like a gallon of water as it will make it a lot more stable.

That one would make it easier to used but I don't like to hear that they won't provide things that they should.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi Debbie, ask your OT . Tom was given one from nrs loan company, you shouldn't have to buy it. Tom's was really helpful and gave him confidence to keep mobile. Lorret

Forum Member
    Yea defo dont buy one. My OT got me one.

Chris.

Forum Member
    Thanks everybody will ring the OT at the hospital to see what she says
    Debbie xx

Thanks Lorret & Chris;

Debbie must have thought that I am too pushy.

Debbie, people still buy better ones, they have more style and generally easy to put away.

But it's worth trying a basic one, I have used them for about seven years.

If the OT is negative ask the MNDA to see if they can put your case to them, get a name.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Hi Debbie
    I have a spare rolator in the garage if you want to try it
    Pm me if you do.
    Cheers
    Darryl

Forum Member
    Darryl

Darryl Thats very kind of you. I am going to see a different OT on Tuesday so will see what she says.

Terry I definitely did not think you pushy at all

Debbie xx