Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glonth ???

Glonth ???

CC just had a PM from Glonth but they do not appear on any members list etc.

Has any one else had similar and can Mnda say how that is possible.

Hopefully she will find the blue triangle and report it.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Hi Terry

I found the blue triangle and reported it. I don't know who this Glonth is ? Maybe one of those bot things ? but I don't like the message, either he/she was talking about the London attack in a vague way, or was directing a threat at me ??

CCxox

I find it very concerning that someone who is not on the members list can send private messages. The last thing we need on here is people sending us strange messages or worrying that the site is not secure!

Accessing the forum and internet is my lifeline, I can't get out and about much. I would appreciate some prompt reassurance about this please mnda, following on from the bot invasion you can understand that this is a tad concerning.

Wendy

Forum Member
    Hi Wendy

It is very concerning, and why I went to Terry with it because I was confused over it. I'm not understanding the 'intent' behind the message ? Whoever sent it might have been referring the London attack I really don't know, but if he/she was not then it was threatening to me in the way I'm perceiving it.

Like you and Terry I don't know how this person came thru to send a PM if not a member ?

I leave the hospital close to midnight and don't usually get a parking spot close and would always carry pepper spray with me, but I really think I'm going to have hospital Security walk me to my car tonight. Better to be safe then sorry.

CCxox
    Last edited by ccinjersey; 24th March 2017 at 01:23.

There is no point being anxious CC, if you are worried get hospital security to be with you. I don't honestly think they could be aware of where you are through the site, but why be scared when you can have security on hand.

Big hugs xx

Forum Member
    Hi Wendy

Maybe I'm being paranoid we New Yorkers tend to be that way lol. Your so right, I don't know how anyone could find me here but maybe thru all that cyber stuff someone can ?? Maybe someone could be watching me somehow thru the internet ?? Maybe all just innocent and random, I really don't know ?

But I'm definitely going to take this Glonth's advice and keep my eyes and ears open for bad people.

CCxox

Terry, you might copy your post into "Forum Feedback and Support" so Admin see it.

It's an Admin issue rather than a Connect one.

I thought there's a minimum of 5 posts before one could PM??? A user will show on Member List when they've activated their account.

Thanks,
    Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    Hi Ellie

This Glonth's name was under the 'currently active users' at the time I received the PM, I don't know how he/she got there if not a member and was able to send a PM ?

All bizarre, and a strange message as well.

CCCxox

That just means a user is logged in. She/he isn't showing on the Member List as they've yet to confirm their registration. Their names are in red.

It is irrelevant really as new users should NOT get automatic PM privileges.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Forum Member
    So therefore a person can be an active user here, but not a member ?

I don't know how this PM got thru, or what the intent of it was suppose to mean ?