Thread: Car Cane

Car Cane

A gadget to help someone get out of their car ..
    Called "Car Cane"

Screenshot_20170305-233602~01.jpg
    Dvd

Thanks DVD for posting this. I endorse the item which I have been using for 2 years. I was fortunate to be given one that had belonged to a dear departed friend. I know that many of our forum friends recycle unwanted items as we are all aware of how expensive it is living with a disability.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Morning Barry,

Reading your post ,I just don't see why everything costs so much when it has any connection to the disabled gang ,which I am a member not by choice I may add, wheelchairs £7,000 plus bits a food tray £132 unbeleivable , we enquired about a manger elke £1350 basic one ,we are just about to use my new showerchair £245.00 the best was the new cost of our VW caddy £36,000 for a very basic van with a ramp that shakes the fillings out of your teeth, everything from wash sponges to vehicles everyone makes a very nice profit off our situations. Amazing and dwarfed when it comes to electronic kit ,wonder why this is so very expensive when you can least afford it".

Rant over Hope your still getting around matey.

Regards
    Pete
    All I need is a miracle

Forum Member
    Morning guys ,another advantage of the car cane is it has a windscreen breaker on the end so if you are trapped in the car in an accident you can break the glass
    . Also next time the gentleman in the Porsche parks in a disabled bay without care or consideration
    its Better than a stick ! Just Saying !
    Regards Tony

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana Tony View Post
    Morning guys ,another advantage of the car cane is it has a windscreen breaker on the end so if you are trapped in the car in an accident you can break the glass
    . Also next time the gentleman in the Porsche parks in a disabled bay without care or consideration
    its Better than a stick ! Just Saying !
    Regards Tony
    I found that letting the odd tyre down helps me with my 'anger'

CD

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Morning Barry,

Reading your post ,I just don't see why everything costs so much when it has any connection to the disabled gang ,which I am a member not by choice I may add, wheelchairs £7,000 plus bits a food tray £132 unbeleivable , we enquired about a manger elke £1350 basic one ,we are just about to use my new showerchair £245.00 the best was the new cost of our VW caddy £36,000 for a very basic van with a ramp that shakes the fillings out of your teeth, everything from wash sponges to vehicles everyone makes a very nice profit off our situations. Amazing and dwarfed when it comes to electronic kit ,wonder why this is so very expensive when you can least afford it".

Rant over Hope your still getting around matey.

Regards
    Pete
    Hi Pete,

Good to hear from you. Your rant is justified as we are paying well over the odds for disability aids. I appreciate that mass production means lower prices but I do feel that manufacturers are taking the p*ss.

Your comments Tony and CD made me smile and although I don't condone your suggestions, I have felt like it at times.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Hi Pete, why doesn't your OT provide you with a shower chair mine is having one made to go over the biobidet. I'm having a ceiling hoist fitted tomorrow to get me in and out of bed as my legs are beginning to give way. Tim is exhausted lugging me around. It takes
    Seven moves to get me from my recliner downstairs to the wet room upstairs via the trolley and stair lift. I'm not much good at pulling myself up. The hoist will be a great help.. Good to see you on the forum again. xx

Quote Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
    Hi Pete, why doesn't your OT provide you with a shower chair mine is having one made to go over the biobidet. I'm having a ceiling hoist fitted tomorrow to get me in and out of bed as my legs are beginning to give way. Tim is exhausted lugging me around. It takes
    Seven moves to get me from my recliner downstairs to the wet room upstairs via the trolley and stair lift. I'm not much good at pulling myself up. The hoist will be a great help.. Good to see you on the forum again. xx
    Hello stranger,our OT really likes you to know how much things cost,so when it was delivered the invoice was attached that's how I knew the cost. I'm really sorry to hear your struggling at the moment ,it's the nature of the beast we face daily and finding ways to manage to carry on. The hoist job was mentioned but Lynne had acall from the appartment people saying the lady who had reserved the last two bed had pulled out so wondered if we where still interested,so we may be moving again only a few miles but at least we won't be harassing our lovely paramedics to pick me up after falling out of bed for the fourth time, now a hospital type bed is coming Monday ,strange no help with anything for the first six years, now anything is possible, even the district nurse wants to check me for pressure sores ?,!!!!.
    I will pm you later for a proper catch up

Xxxx
    All I need is a miracle

So good to hear from you Pete.

Moving?? Sheesh mate, rather you than me, but if it's to a more suitable place, then go for it.

Hope you get a good mattress with the hospital bed. Does this mean Lynne won't be able to kick you out of bed any more

Love to you all,
    Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.